Plane Crash - Survival and Surprises

"Mark, Meredith go find Derek before it's too late. I will go tend to Arizona and will meet you back there at sunset," I say, knowing that if Derek isn't found soon his chances of survival would decrease incredibly, and so would Arizona's if I didn't secure her injury.

"Arizona is okay?" Mark asks hopefully even though his eyes are full with immense sadness.

"Her leg is broken and the bone is visible," I say and I see all signs of the minimal hope he had left diminish from his eyes.

"That isn't good," Meredith says sadly as her eyes scan the surrounding forest, searching for Derek.

"Meet you back soon," I say as I make my way back through the forest to Arizona. I look around the forest wishing it was still this morning, when I was still safe in Owen's arms and Lexie wasn't dead.

"Did you find them?" Arizona asks once she sees me emerging from the forest, and I nod my head slowly.

"I found, Mark, Mer, and Lexie, but Lexie didn't make it," I say, and Arizona starts to cry, and a single tear flows down my cheek slowly.

"What about Derek?" she asks while wiping the tears from her eyes so she won't become dehydrated.

"We haven't found him yet, but I sent Mark and Meredith out to look for him. Hopefully they find him soon, or else Meredith will go crazy," I say and she gives me a small smile, but I can't return it.

"So did you get the supplies for my leg?" she asks, and I crouch down beside her and lay the materials out.

"I think I did," I say as I roll back her shorts farther so I can get a better view of her injury. Once I see it I know how important it will be for someone to rescue us soon or else she doesn't stand a chance. I first rip off part of the shirt for her to put in her mouth while I push the bone back inside her skin so she doesn't scream loudly and make me lose my focus.

"Are you going to push it back in now?" Arizona asks once she sees what I'm doing.

"Yes, put this in you mouth and I will push it back in on three. 1-2-3," I say as I push the bone back inside her skin, and she bites the piece of clothe tightly, and tears start coming out of her eyes because of the pain. I quickly wrap a piece of fabric around it to help avoid infection and then put the sticks on the outside piece of the fabric to help stabilize it more before I put the final layer of fabric on.

"Are you done now?" Arizona asks once she has caught her breath from screaming.

"Yeah, just don't move too much and you should be fine for now," I remind her so she has the best chance of survival over the longest period of time.

"We found him," I hear Meredith yell from the distance and I run quickly towards her voice in case she needs help. Once I can see them I notice that they are both supporting Derek whose hand is badly damaged and is bleeding heavily. Meredith looks extremely pale and like she is probably going to pass out soon so I run over to her just in case she does.

"Are you okay?" I ask Meredith, worryingly.

"I'm fine," she says as she collapses in my arms, and Derek tries to go over to her but he is too weak from blood loss.