The News Sinks In

Back in Seattle.........

Alex's POV

"What's going on?" Amelia asks, after we sit in silence for five minutes staring at the TV.

"I'll go give Zola and Sofia dinner as it is getting late," April says, getting up from the couch.

"Would you take Henry as well?" Addison asks, sensing that something is wrong.

"Sure," April says as she takes Henry from Addison's arms, and Jackson leads Zola and Sofia to the kitchen as well.

"What's wrong?" Addison asks once the kids were gone.

"Arizona, Mark, Derek, Lexie, Cristina, and Meredith were flying to do a surgery in Idaho, but their plane crashed," Webber says clearly, but I can see the tears sparkling in his eyes.

"You could say that they flew right into this one," Amelia jokes and I can't help but laugh. Everyone else is looking at her disapprovingly, but she decides to add, "also, my brother's ego was too big so it had to be crashed down a few flights."

"Amelia," Addison says warningly.

"I'm going to the kitchen," Amelia states as she walks out of the room.

"Sorry, her sense of humor can be kind of morbid," Addison apologizes and I laugh.

"I have realized, but everyone deals with things a different kind of way. Some people laugh at funerals while others cry," I answer and they all look at me strangely.

"Who have you met that laughs at funerals?" Bailey questions.

"Izzie, Meredith, Cristina, and I," I answer and they look at me like I have lost my mind. "Bambi's funeral, we all had.....have a strange sense of humor that can be morbid at some points," I clarify but they still look at me like I'm crazy.

"Is anyone hungry?" Owen asks, changing the subject.

"Yeah, we should probably eat before the pizza gets cold," Callie points out and I get up and walk into the kitchen. Sofia and Zola are sitting next to each other at the counter eating pizza and talking to Amelia. Henry is shyly sitting with April and Jackson eating his piece slowly, not really sure where he is or what is going on probably.

"Unca Alex!" Zola says excitedly when she sees me.

"Yeah kiddo," I say as I sit down next to her.

"Can I have dessert tonight?" she begs.

"Sure," I say, even though I know I shouldn't because she is about to go to bed. I gave in because if either one or both of her parents don't make it back she will experience a thing a little child should never have to go through. She will never see them again and she won't fully understand where they went and they won't really remember them as they grow up.

"Thanks!" she says as she gets up and goes and grabs four pieces of candy. She comes back and gives one to Sofia, Amelia, and I, and keeps one for herself.

"Thanks little miss Zola," Amelia says and Zola smiles brightly. I open up the candy wrapper and pop it into my mouth and Amelia does the same.

"I think it's time for bed Zozo," I say once we have all finished our candy, and she shakes her head.

"No," she argues.

"I'll read you a bedtime story," Amelia offers, and Zola complies. The two of them head to Zola's bedroom, with Sofia trailing behind them because it was decided that Sofia could stay the night much to Zola's pleasure.