The Other Side and Loosing Hope

"Derek sit down before you collapse from blood loss as well," I order, and he quickly complies. I look down at Meredith and lay her down quickly so I can check her pulse and start compressions if need be. My finger finds her pulse quickly and I notice that it is racing, which is most likely what caused her to pass out. I check her body for major visible injuries that could cause her heart to start overworking but I find nothing except for some minor cuts. This probably means there is something wrong with her heart or she has some major internal bleeding, and I know it's probably the latter.

"Is she okay," Derek asks hopefully, though his voice rough from either screaming or not talking for a while.

"Her pulse is too fast, most likely internal bleeding," I say and I watch as all the hope drains from his face, and Mark looks defeated.

"Can you carry her while I carry Derek so we can get back to the plane before dark?" Mark asks looking around.

"Yeah, I think so," I say and I pick Meredith up and hold her to the best of my abilities, hoping that someone will find us soon. We move as quickly as we can back to the plane as the sun is starting to set and we need to be back while there is still light or we would be hopelessly lost.

"We're going to need help soon," Mark whispers to me so neither Derek or Meredith can here us.

"I know," I sigh looking at the sky, hoping that a helicopter will just appear to save us all.

Meanwhile back in Seattle......

Alex's POV

Yay, we are at some stupid resident dinner with Dr. Webber which is apparently the thing we should have been looking forwards to all of our residency. Yeah right. I wish that Meredith and Cristina would get here soon so we can start eating and get this done with as quickly as possible.

"Where are they? They were supposed to arrive back two hours ago," April asks annoyed.

"Two hours ago? How do you know that but I don't?" I asked annoyed.

"I was taking care of Zola all day pretty much," April answers, obviously annoyed with my attitude.

"Yeah they should be back," Jackson says looking at his phone.

"Just wait they will be here soon," Dr. Webber says just as his phone rings, and he tells us he has to answer it because it's the hospital as goes up to answer it. The rest of us sit in silence to see if we can listen in to his conversation so we can work out why they are calling him when they know he is at the resident dinner.

"Where are they?.......Are you sure?..........I'll tell them......We will meet you there......" is all we can here him saying into the phone and we exchange confused looks.

"What happened?" Jackson asks as Dr. Webber puts his phone back in his pocket.

"There was a plane crash," Dr. Webber says, his voice void of any emotion.

"Are we needed in trauma?" April asks confused as the rest of us about what this meant.

"No, but we should head back to the hospital," Dr. Webber says getting up from his chair.

"Why, shouldn't we wait for Cristina and Mer?" I ask confused about what in the world is going on.

"No, the plane the surgeons were on crashed," Dr. Webber says sadly, tears entering his eyes.

"Are they all right? Do you know where they are?" Jackson hurriedly asks. I hope that they are all alright, I couldn't bear to lose Cristina, Mer, Lexie, or Arizona. I should have been on that plane then Arizona would be safe at home with Sofia and Callie and I would be with the others.

"No, but we have the voice feed from the plane up until it crashed," Dr. Webber says as we walk quickly out of the restaurant.

"Can we hear it?" I ask, really wanting to hear their voices again just in case they don't make it.

"Yes, we will listen to it once we arrive back at the hospital," Dr. Webber answers as we walk towards the cars.

"Should we all drive together?" Jackson asks hurriedly.

"Yes, it will be easier to park and get through traffic if we only take one car," April says and we all get in the back of April's car as she will probably be the most controlled driver at this point. We sit in total silence in the car as we drive to the hospital as quickly as possible, my mind wondering and thinking about what life would be like without them all here.

"No, she has to be alright. I can't live without her," I hear Callie says as she falls to her knees tearing flowing out of her eyes. I look around expecting someone to comfort her, but everyone is crying to much too. I am holding Zola in my lap, holding her tight as if she may be pulled away from me at any second. She is pretty much the only part of my friend that I have left and I plan on keeping her safe and with me.

"Unca Alex, where's my mommy and daddy?" she asks looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

"They're in a place far away," I say not wanting to upset her, though she will find out soon enough.

"Why aren't they here?" she asks, here eyes filling with tears.

"They had to leave," I explain and tears start running down her cheeks.

"But I want them back," she cries and my heart breaks.

"I know, I do too," I say as silent tears start running down my cheeks.

- Hi, what does everyone think of my story so far? I watched the Grey's Anatomy last night and I felt so bad for Meredith and Arizona.

What do you all think of the story switching to Alex's POV sometimes, and do you think I should continue doing that sometimes? I think it may be good because it would be interesting about hearing the efforts they went through to find them all. Also I think it's good because everyone who has watched Grey's Anatomy probably knows that Alex cares a lot about them.

Also who do you think should be the one to survive this plane crash and get home to all their family and help take care of the families who lost someone to it?

Thanks for reading this so much! I will post more soon.