Hope is a thing with feathers.....

Meanwhile back in the plane crash.....

Cristina's POV

We finally get back to Arizona and I lay Meredith softly on the ground, not wanting to hurt her anymore than she already is. After we used Mark's belt to stop most of the blood flow from going to Derek's hand he has become somewhat less pale and gained some of his strength back.

"Is she okay?" Arizona asks worried as she sees Meredith.

"I don't know, she just collapsed and her heartbeat is racing," I explain looking sadly at my person.

"She hasn't told you yet?" Derek asks me confused and I just look at him skeptically. Mark leads him over and lets him sit down next to Meredith and he brushes her hair back from her face.

"Told me what?" I ask, hoping that this could explain why her heartbeat is racing instead of her probably dying.

"We were going to have another child," he says softly, looking sadly at Meredith.

"Oh no this isn't good! We need to get help soon," I say looking at the sky willing for a helicopter to come out of nowhere and save us all.

"If I don't make it tell Meredith and Zola that I love them both more than words can say," Derek says randomly as everyone is looking at the clear sunny blue sky.

"What do you mean? We are all going to be alright," I respond hurriedly, not wanting anyone else to give up or die.

"No, I have blood poisoning so unless we are found within the day I probably won't make it," he says and this situation goes from bad to worse.

"How far is the blood poisoning line from your heart?" I ask, hoping he isn't right about how much time he has left.

"About three inches," Derek says and he looks back down at Meredith.

"They're going to find us soon. Callie and the others are going to notice we're missing," Arizona says, being as optimistic as always.

"They are going to notice, but they won't know where we are cause this isn't a perfect world full of fairy tales and happy endings," I say as I roll my eyes. Arizona gets so annoying some times with her belief in happily ever afters and fairy tale endings, hasn't she ever been outside her perfect pink bubble?

"Don't worry they will find us eventually, the plane has to have some sort of tracking device," Mark interrupts.

"Yes they will find us eventually, but will we all still be alive when they do? I mean seriously look around we have no food, barely any water, and most of us are injured," I say, looking around and pointing out to them what seems obvious.

"I know, but they will find us, I believe they will. You have to have hope or else you won't have even a chance of surviving," Mark responds, and it takes all my effort not to scream at him.

"Yeah like Lexie had hope? Yep she must have had no hope because she is dead! I mean seriously, what is it with you people and your fairytales and dreams. Just wake up and look around," I say angrily, but I know mentioning Lexie wasn't the best idea once I see Mark's face.

"Hope is a thing with feathers," Meredith weakly comments and I turn to look at her, not knowing she was awake.

I will hopefully update soon as I have already started the next chapter. I will probably go back to Seattle in the next chapter.

I really hope you are enjoying my story! I really love Grey's Anatomy and have watched each episode at least once, including the new ones. If you have watched the most recent one you will probably also think no Shonda no, why did you do that? And why did you do it in that way and not in a better way!

Well I have to get going now so I will update soon!