Tea Parties and the Truth

Callie's POV

"Damn it! I haven't told Nick yet about Arizona being in a plane crash," I say as I stand up suddenly, startling the others. I run out of the room and race down the hallway in hope to get to his room before he leaves as he was supposed to be discharged today. I get to his room just before a nurse that I don't recognize pushes him out in his wheelchair. He looks up at me, confused of why I had been sprinting down the hallway to him.

"Dr. Torres what's wrong? Is it Phoenix?" he questions, but I can't answer him as I am still trying to catch my breath. I motion at the nurse to leave and she quickly scurries of, probably scared of me.

"She...was...in a...plane crash," I get out in between my heavy breaths. I really wish that I could just easily catch my breath so I could actually have a proper conversation with him but I ran from the complete other side of the hospital and I couldn't sleep last night not knowing if she was okay.

"What? What do you mean she was in a plane crash?" he questions urgently.

"She and some others had gone to Boise, Idaho to do a surgery, but the plane never got there," I say, after I have caught my breath.

"Have they been found?" Nick questions, showing obvious concern for the person who was like a sister to him.

"Yeah, two of them were transferred here but her and some of the others weren't," I explain.

"When did this happen, the last time I saw her was four days ago," he asks, his voice full of worry.

"Three and a half days ago. She must have come and said goodbye to you before she left," I say softly, realizing how long they were stuck out there. They were stuck in the middle of the forest for almost four days without any of the proper survival supplies and they were all injured. I really wish that Arizona hadn't taken Alex's spot on the plane because then she would be okay but that may mean that Alex is not. Alex doesn't have any family really while Arizona has me, and a child. I stop myself from thinking about Alex being on the plane instead of Arizona because Arizona would have been mad at her for thinking like that. "I have to go, I'll come back later once I know more," I say rushing down the hallway wanting to be alone, leaving a bewildered Nick behind me.

I make it to one of the on-call rooms before tears start streaming down my cheeks. I don't know if I will be able to survive if anything happens to Arizona and Mark. Mark being in a probable coma from the amount of blood that he lost is hard enough to cope with as it is, but if anything happened to Arizona I would probably break down completely.

"Callie is that you?" she heard a voice say from one of the top beds, and she realize that Teddy is in here as well.

"Yeah," I say in between sobs, and Teddy gets down from her bed. She walks over to me before sliding down against the wall to sit next to me.

"Arizona will be alright, she's strong and Mark is to," she says comfortingly putting her arm around me.

"I know," I say as the door to the room opens, which startles the both of us.

"Is Dr. Torres in here?" the person asks.

"Yes, why?" I say, trying to keep my voice level in order to hide the tears that had been running down my cheeks just minutes before.

"I'm from the daycare, and your daughter is crying and we haven't been able to comfort her," she says and I immediately stand up.

"I'll head down there now. Thanks Teddy, I'll see you later," I say as I leave Teddy sitting on the floor of the now empty room to head down to the daycare. When I arrive at the daycare I see Alex sitting outside of the daycare with a crying Zola and Sofia in his arms.

"I was going to come find you, but they wouldn't let me leave until you came and approved that it was okay for me to leave with her," he says and I nod my head. I wave at the daycare assistant that was hovering near Alex to let her know that everything was okay.

"What's wrong?" I ask, taking Sofia from Alex's arms.

"I don't really know," he says, glancing down at the crying Zola in his arms.

"What's wrong?" I ask the both of them.

"I want my mommy and daddy," Zola cries, and Sofia nods her head. My eyes meet Alex's as I sit down next to him on the bench. We sit there trying our best to comfort the both of them with no success, when Alex starts to speak.

"How about we have a princess tea party while we wait for them," he suggests, and the two girls light up immediately at his suggestion. Zola climbs out of Alex's arms and grabs his hand as she begins to pull him back to the daycare, and Sofia and I follow closely behind them. Zola leads us to a table in the corner of the room and makes us sit down while Sofia and her go off to find the supplies. A little while later they come back pushing a stroller full of supplies. Zola pulls out four pink plastic plates while Sofia grabs the cups. The two of them carefully set up the table, making sure not to drop anything on the ground. Finally once they are done Sofia grabs a princess crown from the pocket on the back of the stroller and goes to stand in between us.

"Is the crown for me?" I ask, smiling down at her.

"No, it's for Unca Alex. Unca Dewek is normally the princess, but Unca Alex can take his place," Sofia explains, and both Alex and I stifle a laughter. The thought of Derek wearing a princess crown sounds so weird that it is impossible to not find it funny.

"He's normally the princess?" Alex questions, not quite believing her.

"Yes, he always attends our tea parties, and sometimes my mommy, Aunt Wexie, and Aunt Apes join as well," Zola adds, which causes us all to laugh more, while the two little girls look up at us as if we have lost our minds. Just in this second that is filled with laughter I forgot about all the troubles with the plane and I think that Alex has as well.