Chapter 2.

It's Sunday, one of my two days off from work.

I would have normally stayed at home all day long as I always do, but today, I felt like going out; the weather was really nice to be locked down all day.

I chose hiking for today. I really enjoy long walks, so that sounded like a plan. It's an oddly near location I discovered a few days ago while scrolling through my phone, and it was just one bus away from home.

I've never been here before, but it seems nice and safe, surprisingly. I've been here since 2 pm, and it's almost 4 now.

I really want to get to the top of the main hill and take some nice pics of the view, maybe I can send them to my mom, and can sit down and relax for a bit.

As I walk up, I start to see less and less people.
It's like no one goes upper than the already yellow tinted trees, which are on the way to the top.

At some point, the forest started to get a little overwhelming, I guess that's why there's no more people around, but I actually find it fascinating.

Silent walks lead to random thoughts.

And so, It came again to mind this dream I've been having since last month.

-about a man-

I know it sounds very cliché, but it's weird, actually. I never get to see his eyes, just his smile, his light brown hair and his clothes, but nothing more. I can't take my eyes off him, I can't move either, but that's very much it, oddly.

They say dreams mean something; but what Can an unknown man mean? Am I getting a new boyfriend? Hopefully it means my lame love live Can improve somehow?

My thoughts got interrupted by a sign in front of me;

"Two roads ahead. Take right for the top"

Pretty easy instructions though, so I listen and keep walking untill I arrive to a split road spot, like in those movies.

There's the right path and the left path. Following the instructions, I started to go right; untill I saw him.

Of all places...

It was my boss, he was with some girl.

I stopped abruptly and thought about it. Do I want to go the short way up, but few steps behind him, risking myself to be seen, or do I want to go the other way, I guess the longer one, but at peace?

As I tried to decide, he stopped and turned around. It was almost as if he knew I was there...maybe he did.

Before his eyes could meet mine, I turned around and took some steps back out of the right trail, getting myself into the left one, and hoping nobody would follow.

The left path seemed denser. I didn't feel entirely sure about going in, but if it wasn't closed down, it was safe, right?

It was beautifully peaceful. Not a single sound, not even from the big city down there. It seemed so different from what I could see of the right trail; it almost seemed like a rain forest.

Something suddenly caught my attention.

A bright red color structure could be seen from some trees ahead, so I went to check it out. A few more meters, I arrived to the mysterious red colored shape.

"No fucking way..." I whispered, "Shinto ruins?"

It seemed like some old and almost torn Shinto Shrine entrance. Shintos were almost everywhere back in the age, but after 1950, they were all taken down.