Chapter 12.

"Ahhh.... why did I explode like that" threw myself to bed, sighing loudly. I was troubled all ride back home after that discussion with him.

Wake up DaEun, no one gets to step on you and treat you like this. I don't care who he is, he can't treat people like that, at least not me.

I guess I'll start looking for a new job.

Start from scratch... ahh...

Good thing is, I have enough time to do it. I saved a lot of money from Christmas' bonuses and my salary overall, so I can rest for at least 4 months. I haven't been able to rest in a long time, so I'm gonna treat myself a little.

I do enjoy doing stuff alone; otherwise I wouldn't live alone.

I didn't mind you being here though..

Ever since Chan left, I've been dreaming of him nonstop. It's the same dream I had before meeting, but I now know it is him.

I don't know why the whole situation didn't really hit me, like yeah I was shocked at first, of course, but then I just kind of forgot about it and didn't really dimension it.

Heh... the only thing I can imagine now is me telling my grandchildren the story about how I met a hundred-years old king and how he stayed in my apartment for a week trying to figure how technology worked.

That's so lame, DaEun.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Two or three weeks passed, and I didn't hear a thing from my old job. I thought my nosy teammates would bombard me with messages trying to get some info on what happened to me, but it wasn't the case.

About five days ago, I received a box with some other things I left, and that was it.

Don't get me wrong, quiting was the best decision I could have made, as I really enjoyed waking up at whatever hour I wanted and go to sleep very late at night watching a movie or something.

For this weekend, I decided to go back to the hills. No, I'm not looking for him if you're wondering, I just really want to go to the top of the hill and relax a little.
.
.
.
Once again, I walked up and stopped at the split road. Maybe if I took the other one nothing would be triggered; I just hope I really don't run into someone.

The road up was nothing like the other side. It was sunny, all clear and quiet. No signs of the Shinto gate and no red lights to follow. Going up the stairs, I finally got to where I wanted; the top.

I had my lunch quietly, listened to some music and just relaxed. The city looked so small from up there, but the view was beautiful.

I took out my phone to snap a picture, but before I could, it stared ringing.

"Hey mom!"

"My baby! How are you?"

"I'm good mom! How about you?"

"Me too honey. How's work?"

Of course.

"Uh.. it's okay."

"DaEun, is something wrong?"

"No mom, it's just been a little stressful, but everything's fine!"

"Don't overwork yourself so much baby, okay?"

Oh I'm totally not.

"Okay mom!"

"I was calling you to tell you I'm going out on vacations with your dad"

"Really? That's so nice mom. Where?"