Chapter 11.

Saturday morning.

Time to take him back to his place, hopefully.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes" he replied.

"Let's go then"

.
.
.
.
Riding the bus was a whole experience. He got on his original clothes so everybody stared at us weirdly, and we just didn't speak.

This time, the trails were oddly empty. Not a single soul even around the entrance area. Chan and I walked all the way up, and once again, we were standing in front of the split roads.

"This is so weird" I shook my head a little.

"What?"

"The Shinto's ruins are supposed to be up there, not far from this spot, but you can't see it from here. It's almost as if it wasn't there at all."

"You know.." he stared walking uphill. I guess he really wanted to go back to his home. "My father always told me, if I got lost, look up, seek my north. But right after he placed that Shinto gate and I was around playing, I looked up, and I all saw were-"

"Red lights" I interrupted.

"How did you know...?"

"No, look. Red lights." I pointed at the lights uphill.

It was unbelievable, as the lights appeared once again like it was something normal. Only this time, there were twice their size and number.

The forest turned again dense and cold, just like the first time. 

"This is so weird" I whispered.

"I know... the Shinto's right there! Let's go!"

We walked up the stairs, which again, seemed endless, and finally arrived to the gate. Chan, who was walking one or two steps ahead of me, stopped and turned around.

"DaEun, I just-"

"Sir! There you are! Are you okay?"  We heard someone screaming. Behind Chan, one of his funny-dressed servants came running. As soon as he saw me, he frowned and pulled out a wooden sword.

"Sir! Step back! That woman can hurt you!"

"Lower it, Changbin."

"But sir-!"

"There is nothing to worry about."

The man did as the king said and stared at me annoyed. Chan turned back to me and smiled.

"It was a weird week, but I am grateful for your treatment towards me."

"Even though I treated you like my own servant?"

"You What?!" The man spoke again"

"Changbin, Changbin"

"Apologies."

"I May have gotten a little annoying at first, and I apologize. Thank you for the food and clothes."

"What clothes, sir?"

"Well, I was away for a week. I needed to wear something clean"

"Sir, weeks?"

"Mhm" Chan nodded.

"I am a little confused, you ran away just 20 minutes ago"

"What?!" We both replied in unison.

"Minutes?" He asked again.

"Yes sir" the man replied.

"Well... that is indeed weird. Anyway-"

"Thank you, Chan"  I interrupted.