Chapter 10.

"How was work today?"

"Well... weird"

"Let me guess, your boss?"

"Yeah but.. I don't know what happened actually"

"Why?" Chan rested his face against his hands, he really seemed curious.

"He asked me to go for drinks" I frowned, sitting down in front of him as I unpacked the dinner I had picked up earlier.

"So?"

"What do you mean "so" ?! That's fucking weird! Why me? Why all of a sudden?"

"Maybe he likes you"

"He hates me. That's what confuses me the most, Chan"

"How are you so sure?"

"Really? Are you really asking this? You've seen how he treats me, he could never be interested. I'm not interested either, at all. I despise that man"

"Well, you are right though... just watch out for him, it is weird then"

"Yeah..."

A small silence came after our little gossip session. We both started eating quietly, the king seemed to be enjoying his ramen.

A lot of thoughts came into mind when I looked at him. He looked so comfortable around here, and he hadn't mentioned his lands nor his people at all.

He also stopped insisting on taking him back; I know we agreed to go this weekend, but I found it weird, I just don't know why.

"Hey, King"

"What?"

"Don't you miss your home?"

"Ehem.... Yes I think so"

"You think so?"

"I do miss home, yeah, but I can't believe I'm experiencing something like the future, so I decided to enjoy it as long as I'm here"

That sentence made me stop and think again what I was doing. It's exactly what he was saying; imagine experiencing the future...I would probably end up thinking the same way as him.

And then I realized, what am I doing? How many people out there host a king from another century? Probably no one! And I'm here not helping him take advantage of it?

"We're going back Saturday morning, remember?" I asked, he nodded.

"Let's enjoy untill then!"

His expression changed. He opened his eyes little more and tilted his head, probably a mix of confusion and excitement.

"Wha do you mean?"

"If you want to experience the future before going back, let's do it!"

"Oh... okay I'm lost here"

"I'll take you to meet the city and we're gonna do fun stuff!!"

"When?"

"Starting now"

"Now?! How?"

"Let's go to the movies"

"The what?"

"Just shut up and come with me!"

"Are you telling me to shut-" he raised his voice a little, not long before realizing what I told him the day we met, slowly clearing his throat and lowering his head, but with a little pretty smile. "Sure"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Do you like horror movies?"

"You haven't even explained what a movie is"