Chapter 20

"It feels like we are written in the stars" Chan rested his head on my lap. We were back at his home and sitting outside of his room, which had a view to the starry night. The stars in my timeline looked nothing like these stars; a million of them danced in the sky.

"What does that mean?" I chuckled, as I played with his hair.

"That. You see how stars have been the same hundreds or even millions of years?"

"Mhm" I looked at were he pointed.

"Our fate and destiny are written in those stars. It's as definitive as their own existence."

What a beautiful way of thinking.

My star sighting got interrupted by Chan's warm lips, bringing me into a very passionate kiss.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was the most comfortable sleep I've had in my entire life. Maybe the huge pillows, or the huge comfortable bed made it for me.

Or Chan's arms around me.

Just like a fairytale, the sun rays kissed my eyes, making me open up. I felt relaxed, out of stress, out of everything. I looked down to see Chan's arms wrapped around my stomach, slightly pushing me towards him. His sleeping breath hit my neck, reassuring me he was still asleep.

I remembered the night we just had. An amazing, full of feelings and sensations night. Never in my life I had felt so good, had sex felt so good, even though it's safe to say I barely know him.

For some reason, he didn't feel like a stranger. It was as if we knew each other since forever, and that being beside each other was our safe place.

A knock on the door made me flinch, and made Chan wake up. He didn't even bother to answer; he made me turn around to him with little strength, and I was now facing a beautiful face.

"Good morning" he smiled, eyes still kind of closed, sun kissing him too.

"Hey there.." I smiled back. We didn't say much until he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Can you tell me why does this feel so right?" He asked. "Being like this feels right."

I wished for a few seconds it was actually okay to be like this; and even though I strongly believe it is, it's not.

"It does, but you know this is not-"

"Don't." He buried his face in my neck, now I was the one hugging him. "Don't say it."

Another Knock hit the door.

"Chan, last night was amazing, but I-"

"Why don't you stay?"

"You know I can't. What about my family? My job?"

My job...

Mr Hwang.

"You don't have to work here. You'd be my Queen."

"I don't like being useless"

"Don't say that, you're not, you won't be."

"And my family?"

"We can visit them with that opening"

"What if it closes some day? And I can't see them again? Chan.. we can't do this. This is messing with something we know nothing about."

"What if we could know more about it?"

"We've tried, we can't-"

"DaEun."