Chapter 6.

The way back home was quiet, once again. I found myself a little surprised this guy kind of defended me; he surely is fearless. 

What did I even say back to the boss? I'm surely fired by now; I'll just wait for the guy of HR to contact me and tell me I just need to go back for my stuff. 

Between all the thoughts, as I looked back to the ground, I noticed one of the bags was dripping, and that's when I remembered. 

"Wait! The Makgeolli broke, I'll go get another one-"

"Leave it, don't go back there." 

"It's okay, he probably already left" 

"Still, I will drink whatever you drink. Actually, I'm sorry you spent your money for it." 

"No, it's fine, it's food! Money isn't important in that matter, as long as we have something to eat" I chuckled. Chan tilted his head; he didn't seem understand me. 

"Let's just go back so you can eat." He turned his head back to the front and continued to walk.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I got home and pulled out the stuff from the bags, I noticed I had lost almost all of the ingredients. I cursed under my breath, going to the fridge to check what else I could do. 

"Something wrong?" Chan poked his head through the kitchen door frame. 

"I think I won't be able to cook what I wanted" I scratched my head, a little ashamed. "But I'll fix it, don't worry!" 

"Don't worry about me" He simply replied and went back. 
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
I ended up cooking a classic; Kimchi Fried rice. Not the finest meal for a King, but at least delicious.  I didn't ask him to help me arrange the table, though. 

He has to adapt; I won't be doing everything for him, but he kind of did something for me today, so let's leave it like that for now. 

I set everything up and brought the food to the table. 

"Food's ready, come sit" I waved at him. He was wandering around the living room, picking every decoration he found around. He placed a vase down and came to the table. 

So, I was planning on tteokkboki, but I'll make that later" I chuckled, "So I made Kimchi fried rice" 

"Kimchi with rice?"  He frowned

"Sure" I nodded, "You obviously had Kimchi before, right?" 

"Yeah, but not all mixed with... rice" 

"For real? It's delicious! Try it!" I grabbed a spoon full and put in front of him. He looked at me and then back at the spoon several times, weirdly.

"What?" He asked. 

"Eat!" 

"You're giving me food?" 

"I just want you to taste it. Open" 

He raised his brows for a second before opening his mouth. He looked funny tasting and deciphering every thing he chewed.

"Well?" 

"It is delicious. How did we never think of this before?" He referred to his timeline. 

"Well, maybe you'll go back to do this and that's why it exists in my timeline." I joked, even though it didn't sound that crazy, it actually made sense. 

After eating I brought the drinks. Since we lost Makgeolli, I brought a can of coke and two little glasses to share. 

"What's that?" He pointed at the red can.