Chapter 21•

"What.. What are you doing here?"

"Are you hurt? What happened are you okay? Do you need to go to a hospital?" Every question he asked was more desperate than the last one.

I had to snap out of it and actually focus on him.

"Calm down, I'm okay.."

"Don't lie to me, are you really okay?"

"I'm fine"

"Let's take you to a hospital, all this time you don't know if something could have happened to you-"

"Im really okay. I could have gone to a hospital myself"

"Nothing assures me you are okay. He could have kept you hostage and-"

"Hyunjin!" I grabbed his face and stopped him from talking. "Nothing happened to me, I promise! It was just a few hours and-"

"Hours?" He interrupted.

Oh right, it must have been a week here.

"You went missing for 3 months, DaEun.."

"Sorry.. what?" My soul went in And out of my body.

"He took you that day, and never came back. I had to tell your parents I sent you abroad on a project and that you weren't able to use a lot your phone, and believe they weren't happy about it."

"You met my parents?"

"I had to."

"Why?"

"What do you mean? I had to ask them if-"

...

"If what?"

"Nothing. The thing is, you're back, and if you say you're okay, I'll believe you, for now at least."

"Why were you here?"

"I, uh, ahem. I was passing by."

"You were passing by?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes."

"Inside an apartment complex."

"Mhm."

"Well, you can go now"

"DaEun, you need to tell me what happened that day. We know what we saw, you know more than I do aparently. What is going on?"

"I don't think it's the time to talk about this"

"So we're just gonna ignore the fact that a King from the 14th century was living with you?"

I sighed. He was right, and as much as I didn't  want to talk about it, I knew he wouldn't drop it just like that.

"Maybe not now, okay?"

"That day... months ago, you saw them too, right? The lights. It had to do something with it."

"I saw them, yes. I guess it's related but honestly I know nothing about this."

"What about him? How did he-"

"Mr Hwang, I don't want to address this right now."

"This is import-"

"I said not now." I insisted. He sighed defeated and looked away.

"Let me at least take you to the doctor"

"No. I'm fine."

"You don't know that."

"I do know it"

"Don't be so difficult, just come with me"

"Don't insis..st"