18: Countdowns

As soon as Overhaul was farther away from them, Hide picked the girl in his arms and started running in the opposite direction. Now he knew that running would alert Overhaul and his lackeys, but he wanted to get away from them as fast as possible. So he took the gamble and now with his quirk activated, he was running.

The little held onto him as if her life depended on him. So tightly that blood was starting to drip from her bandages. He knew that Overhaul had done something horrible to this little girl, but for now as much as he wanted to bash the yakuza leader's head into the wall, he knew he couldn't fight him so running was the best choice.

???: I can hear someone running away! Quickly surround the whole area!

He cursed as he heard one of the lackeys say that. He desperately tried to increase his speed because he knew if he couldn't get out of the area before they surrounded it, he'd be doomed.

Dawn slowly trickled as his skin was starting to feel itchy indicating that he was reaching the limit of his quirk. As he kept running, he saw the train station ahead where people were slowly starting to come. Hoping for the best, he got into the train station and turned his quirk off.

Looking down he saw the girl was still crying, he tried his best to comfort her while simultaneously checking for any signs of the yakuza. When he was sure that there weren't any, he boarded a train to Tokyo so he could talk to Touka about this.

As he boarded the train, he breathed a sigh of relief as there weren't many people present on the train. Plopping down on one of the seats, he looked at the girl in his arms who now had fallen asleep.

A tired sigh escaped his mouth as he looked at the rising sun from the window, hoping that Touka would go easy on him for pulling this stunt. His emotions still weren't settled after hearing what had happened to (Y/N).

As tears pricked at the edge of his eyes, he realized he missed his friends, his family a lot.

*-----*

Touka entered the mall while trying to get into contact with Yoriko to tell her that she won't be able to go out with her as planned so that she won't enter her room where (Y/N) was.

She closed her phone with a sigh after another failed attempt. She was at the mall to get some clothes for (Y/N) as he would look like an idiot if he wore her purple hoodie and brown sweat shorts.

After purchasing some clothes, she was on her way back when she passed a hair dye shop. (Y/N)'s white hair flashed in her mind, as she had a gut feeling of buying a dye. She thought about it and then decided to go with her gut feeling and bought the black hair dye. Plus it would also be a lot useful for (Y/N) as he'd probably wear a disguise when he goes outside.

While calling yoriko for the "nth" time, she entered the hair dye shop.

*-----*

Shadow Reaper, to many, was a symbol of fear. A reminder that if you do something villainous, you’ll get a bloody ending (Literally). To some, he was a symbol of hope, a reminder that if the authorities fail, he’ll be there to save them.

So to see him currently, was least to say, amusingly pathetic.

To see the person who instilled fear in the hearts of villains, hiding from a girl who's currently knocking on the door was laughable.

But to (Y/N), it was a moment of survival.

“Touka! If you don’t open the door in the next 10 seconds, I’ll pick it open.”