Chapter 7.

___

Coming back to the room, he was about to discuss something with Jungkook but as he turned around, the guy was nowhere to be seen. Guess he was still back there with the girls.

"This kid needs to stop crushing on every girl..."

A small smile was visible on his face.

He opened his phone to see her location through the tracker he planted on her while patting her shoulder.
She was still in the cafeteria.

"She eats alot..." A small chuckle unknowingly escaped his lips, before his fingers tapped on the screen to call someone.

-----

*Meanwhile*

Jungkook, Lisa and Y/n spent hours together. The two girls were surprised to see how he hadn't done so many things that a normal teenager does.
So, they let him tag along while they toured the areas around the hotel.

After seeing off the girls, Jungkook entered his and Jin's shared room.

Except the sound of fingers taping on a keyboard, nothing could be heard.

Seokjin was busy doing his work.

"Hyung, let go. I'll do the work now."

"No, take an off today. Go, sleep early."

Jungkook slightly nodded and went to get ready for bed.

"But, remember you can't take a day off for the rest of the month."

"Yes sir!" Jungkook enthusiastically answered before heading for bed.

----
*Next day, early in the morning*

"Halmeoni!" ( A/N: Halmeoni = grandma)
"Wait for me!" The old lady turned around at somebody's call.
The boy was waving at her from across the road.
"Aish! This boy.."
Crossing the road, he stood by her side.
"Halmeoni! Give this to me. Let's go!"
He cheerfully declared, showing his boxy smile which melted the old lady's heart.
"Ah Tae, you don't have to carry this today, you already got an injury."
"And risk you getting hurt? Nope."
Carrying all the equipment and bags from her hands, he started walking alongside the woman.
"You're such a gentleman. Your mom must be proud of you."
"She must be! By the way, when will your son come back?
"He'll come home by tomorrow evening. You have too bear with all this trouble till then."
"Helping you is not a trouble at all."
"How's your injury then...?"

---

"Jungkook, I want you to send me the file containing y/n's background check. Where she was born, where she studied, everything!"

"Ok hyung, I'm converting the file in the USB and you can have it."
_

'Min y/n, born and raised in California till she was 8. Parents died in a car crash so her aunt and uncle took her to Korea with them.'
His eyes scanned the screen, reading every single piece of information about her.
"So, the girl always sticking around with her is her cousin."

"Sir, the information here is quite solid. I don't think she's the one we were looking for."

"It indeed is Jungkook. But, there still are some loopholes..."
"Like?"
"She spent 8 years of her life with her parents. Yet there are no photos of her together with Mr and Mrs Min."
"Sir, it's written in the records that their house was burned so the pictures of them together might have burned with them."
"Yeah, I know Jungkook. But it's still fishy that they did not upload a single pic on the internet in those 8 years."
"Sir, what do you say now?"
"We need to confirm whether she's the one we've been looking for or she's just a normal student. The more we linger around her, the more she gets in danger. I don't want an incident like last time to repeat. You know the rule, an innocent shouldn't suffer in our game."
"But, how are we gonna confirm if she is or she is not her?"

"Leave that to me. Just arrange a way for us to interact."

"Well...Lisa invited me to some bonfire party which the students are going to throw tonight before going back to Seoul. I refused but I think it'll be a perfect opportunity for you both to interact as everyone would be drunk n busy."

"Then what are you waiting for? Pick a suit."

----

Wearing a low cut maroon dress, she continuously ticked her pencil heels on the muddy ground in order to distract herself from the overwhelming smell of alcohol and distant burning coal.
Grasping her friend's hand tighter, she let out a sigh.
"This party is bul**it, I only see drunk teenagers going crazy."
"Oh c-come on! Loosen up senorrrita. Have some fun or just go! Don't be a party boomer. WOOOOH"
"If it wasn't to keep your drunk self safe, I would've left way before."
Sipping on her alcohol free drink, her eyes scanned the place.
Sweaty teenager dancing and gropping each other almost made her puke.
"Oh my God! That's my man winking at me!" Lisa exclaimed before abruptly pulling her hand away. Just before she could dash off to God knows where, Y/n caught her hand again.
But to her unluck, just as Lisa's movement halted by the force, her drink went flying into the air, landing straight onto her dress.
"Ah shibal! Just when I thought this day couldn't go any worse."
She dragged Lisa to a quiet corner and made her sit on a chair.
"You better stay right here and wait for me to come back."
"But-"
"No talking!"
-
Making her way inside the house they rented for the party, she searched for the restroom.
After opening three wrong doors and seeing 2 couples making out and one naked passed-out student, she finally found the washroom.
Thoroughly cleaning the front of her dress, she examined herself in the mirror. Her top was completely see through now.
Washing it only made it worse.
Sighing for the nth time that night, she stepped out of the bathroom.

As she was passing through the corridor, she felt a hand grab her wrist and in no time, she was pulled into a dark room. A half scream left her mouth before the unknown man placed his palm on her lips.
Opening her frightened eyes, she looked up at the man. His features glowed softly in the moonlight that reached the room through the window. Goosebumps arose on her skin as she recognised him in an instant.
'FREAKING ELEVATOR CREEP AGAIN!'
She wanted to scream her lungs out at him yet due to the extreme closeness, as she opened her mouth, only a shaky sentence could be formed.
"W-what do you want?"
Hovering his fingers on her hips, he leaned in. Instinctly, her body backed away but she could only lean more onto the wall behind her.
Moving his hand to her cheeks, he caressed the rosy skin before moving all of her hair onto her other shoulder. His face being dangerously close to her bare neck, she could feel his warm breath on her skin.
"You." His ice-cold voice sent shivers down her spine.

Thump thump. Her heart played a melancholy as his breath inhaled all her senses away from her.
Backing a little away, he looked into her eyes, memorising the color of her eyes, her soul, before looking down.
Immediately looking back up again, his face was painted with a crimson red shade.
"I told you to be careful." Her eyebrows creased as he continued to stare at her face, breathing in the nostalgia.

There was a minor change in the air as he again leaned dangerously close to her face, his breath ghosting over her lips.
Gulping a big lump of saliva, her eyes closed themselves, completely ignoring the pliant protests of her mind.
Moments passed like this, with her eyes shut and heart beating louder than a drum. She internally cursed, knowing he must be able to hear her hearbeat too. Embarrassed she tried to calm her heart, failing to notice another beat as loud as hers, beating along side hers.

No longer feeling his breath, she hesitantly fluttered her eyes open. Just then, a jacket was placed around her shoulders. Zipping the jacket up, he moved towards the door and then out of the room.

Still standing there at the exact place, she took a few minutes to catch her breath and contemplate on what just happened.

------

A/n : I have written this part while being extremely sick so I have a feeling I need to rewrite. I don't have the energy to proof read or edit so bare with me.
Plus college is starting from tomorrow but still I'll try to write the next chapter once I get better n get ideas. Y'all can write what u think will happen next so I may get inspo.
Well yeah! That's it. Hope y'all take care of urself n be healthy n all. Tc.