chapter 9.

Trigger warning: Attempted S/A.

It's been 6 months and 14 days since she came back from one of those trips that she'd remember for a prominent part of her life, she would keep it safe with the few pleasant memories she had in these long years she lived.

"So you're coming with me or not?" Lisa jumped up on the bed next to her, trying to persuade her friend to go to the same college as her.
"Nah you go." Lisa huffed at her negative response but was still determined to change her mind.
"Just say you don't want to go the same college as me. Don't want me to annoy you."
"You do know that's far from the truth! I just don't wanna be burdened with debt just to study and then be jobless and in debt homeless and- "
"God, fine, you're so dramatic! I got your point but that's already been taken cared of."
"What do you mean?" She raised her eyebrow.
"Nothing you need to worry about." Lisa gave her an overly sweet smile. That always meant trouble.
"Lalisa Monabon-"
"Jeez fine fine, my parents have it covered. They've been cutting some money from your pay since the day you came into our house so we both can go the same college."
She could only smile at this kind gesture. As much as she'd love a college experience, she knew she couldn't be a burden on them anymore.
"Honestly Lis, I don't think I have a future in studying and college and all this stuff." She stated, pointing at herself. "This girl is not meant for a degree and job. "
"I wanna start my own business so that when you're graduating I'm already sewing clothes for the red carpet." She tried to keep her tone as excited as she could.
"That is why fashion college is important for you to go to. You have a dream and no matter how capable you think you are, you can't do everything on your own. Y/n, you need guidance too."
"That's why I have you! Be my guardian angel and teach me everything they teach you. "
"No I won't."
"Yes, you will."
"Go learn from youtube!"
"I will!"
And thats how the rest of their evening went, bickering more and more. They ended up passing out in the living room. Y/n on the sofa and Lisa on the floor, still holding onto y/n's hanging  foot, probbaly still begging her to accompany her in their shared dreams.

The students graduated 2 months ago. There was laughter, tears and cheesy goodbyes. Surprisingly, the day was harder to start than she had expected.
She never realised when the place she despised the most, became her most favourite. When she got used to all those classes and grounds. All those annoying classmates, rude seniors, clingy juniors and teachers became so close to her heart that it became so tough to let go. 10 years of her life had been spent in that building and now it was time to let go. She always hated leaving, but leaving without goodbyes...she hated the most. She knew that stuff from experience. So she inhaled all the courage and love the place gave to her in those years and went to her school for the one last time.

Well it was fun and Lisa totally did not end up breakdancing while crying on the centre of the dance floor.

___

She got a job as a waitress in a local pizza place, got a better place as a tenant, started a side business of designing clothes. Life was seemingly being pieced together. Yet she realised that she recently lost another piece of this puzzle. Tho, life was going better than it had before, she wished she could go back to the island she was in 6 months ago. She didn't get what was attracting her thoughts to that place till that particular night.

It was a typical Tuesday night except everything about that night was off from the start. It had rained a few hours ago, so the roads were still slippery outside. Only a few customer had stopped by that day. She just wished her shift would be over soon as she couldn't stand the lingering gaze of her manager on her. Those discrete touches everytime he pretended to help. Why the F would they need his help when there were like 3 cutomers in the restaurant. That man was always behaving creepily, a man in his late 30s looking at an 18 year old like he'd jump on her any chance he gets was extremely uncomfortable. She tried to talk about it with her male coworker but he told her that she was over reacting. "He's just being a friendly manager," he had said. Maybe he was right. Maybe it was all in her head and she was making things up...like she always did. She thanked the Lord when the clock finally stricked 10.
She took off her apron and put it in her locker before locking it. Grabbing her purse, she headed out the doors without paying a single glance back.
The roads were mostly blocked due to the heavy rainfall earlier so she had to take longer routes, find her way around.
It had been only 15 minutes of walking when she heard a tap on her shoulders. Jumping at the sudden intrusion, she turned around.
"It's not a nice weather out here. As your manager, I felt it's my duty to insure my workers safety." He stated with a smile too friendly. She cleared her throat, trying to speak up without a tremble in her voice, "Thank you for your concern sir, but I'll manage."
She politely bowed before returning to her track. But in only 2 seconds, the man was infront of her again, blocking her way.
"I insist, wouldn't want a pretty lady like you getting hurt under my watch." He muttered reaching his hand out to touch her upper arm.
That's the bells in her ear started ringing.
There was no one her apartment.  She couldn't let him take her there. She also couldn't reject him here, he was almost twice in size as compared to her and she couldn't help but think of the worse scenarios. Maybe she should just go back and wait for her coworker to finish so they can walk together. She hadn't realized she was staring directly at his face, deep in her thoughts till he rubbed his hand up and down her arm and she got out of her thoughts. "I guess we both want the same thing." Saying this, he pushed her to the nearby wall. Her limbs went numb and all her senses going out the window as his nose came closer and closer to her neck. All those scenerios of self defense in situations like this going down the drain. She just closed her eyes and managed to whisper a little,"Get off." A part of herself at the back of her brain was screaming at her for being a scared coward.
But before she could feel his skin against her neck, he was swept off the ground, into the air and in the next second, onto the ground again, this time his face was the one to meet the dirt instead of his feet.
There he was again.
"Seokjin?" He stepped forward, eyes lingering on her to look for any kind of injury.
He patted her hair as she was unconciously shaking. "It's okay, I'm here."
"Jungkook." She looked over his shoulder. Jungkook was there too, holding the man down.
He gently lowered her face into his chest, blocking her view of the other two men.
Then a gunshot was heard.
And then more footsteps.
A body being dragged.
A car stopping .
The car door opening.
She was still being held against his chest, firmly.
She didn't want him to let go, she felt safe. But the panic was slowly dawning in on her, he had killed him. She shouldn't be anywhere near a killer.
In a second, he softly backed her away before grabbing her wrist and making her sit into the car. As she sat on the comfortable seat next to him did she start feeling her voice again.
"What did you do to him?"
"I'll drop you home."
"What did you DO to him?" He was still as calm as ever.
"YOU KILLED HIM!" Her hands were already on his collars, although shaking.
He put hhis hands above her, holding them as he caressed her knuckles.
"Trust me, he deserved it he was was a bad man."

The rest of the ride was in silence. The fear and shock was still there but as his fingers caressed her knuckles, she fell into a slumber as the black BMW went on a route that didn't lead to her apartment.

She trusted him.
______________________

A/N: Before y'all come and say y/n's weak...🔪🔪🕴 she is NOT weak. She has a terrible PTSD and you'll witness her character getting stronger along the journey...trust me.