Chapter 1 : Beginning

The dark, misty paths between the shady and creepy trees were letting out silent screams of abhorrence. Her blood covered feet wrapped in a broken strapped slippers, were following the elder boy's new canvas shoes. Her hands were trying their best to hold onto his soft, slender fingers but the cold sweat that was formed, not because they were running against the clock for who knows how long but due to the fear of being caught again, was making it immensely difficult.

"Run f-faster, fas-ster" the boy managed to form out some shaky words regardless of his laboured breathing, as he leaped behind her, indicating her to lead the way. She didn't understand the motive behind his sudden move but it wasn't a time to think rationally . All her mind could process was that they needed to get out of that loathsome place. So, she kept pacing forward.

A loud bang halted her steps.

A chill ran down her spine as she heard a body fall down and then...there was silence, a silence so loud, a silence telling her the most horror story.

Too afraid to see what she could never imagine, she closed her eyes shut, too scared to witness something that could tear her insides apart.

After an agonizing minute, She decided to slowly turned around. A small whimper left her mouth as she opened her eyes to witness the horrifying scene infornt of her, which she was expecting yet not willing to accept.

He was crouching on the ground 5 feet away from her. She hurried to him and took him in her embrace, completely forgetting about her firm desire to escape. As the fear of being caught was so small and meaningless as compared to the fear of losing him.
She cried out his name as her tear filled eyes met his blood-struck ones. Pain was evident in those reddened pupils.
Her eyes trailed down to his abdomen from where the blood was rushing out. She quickly took off the scarf around her neck and wrapped it tightly around the wound.
"Jin..."
"Y/n, listen...go run!"
"Never."She mumbled between her loud sobs.
"Try to get up! We'll get out, we'll make it. Together !"
"Y/n..." He took a breath, trying his best to continue despite the bursts of pain.
"Do you trust me? "
She nodded her head as new tears replaced the dried ones on her cheeks.
"Then you have to run."
"Not without you!"

Bang!

They heard another gunshot along with some faint foot steps coming their way.

They are near.

"Y/n..beanie...One of us need to escape."
The little girl shaked her head in denial.
He took her small hand and linked their pinkies.
"We need to separate for now.. But I promise.. I'll return to you"
"Promise..?" She tried to replace the frown on her face with a smile yet the tears remained flowing.
"Now please run and DO.NOT.LOOK back!" he half yelled with all the energy left in his body.
And so she did.
She straightened up unlinking their pinkies, not before pecking his knuckles. She got up and began to run again.

And she ran and ran and never looked back.

--------

The yellow sky was adorned with a pearl like sun, scattering a gold shine over the solid ground. Her feet were taking her down the lonely and dusty road on its own. She had been walking through this same path for so long that her subconscious had memorized each turn, each bump and each sign. It was fortuitous that her body muscles knew where to go as the muscle inside her chest was too indulged in it's own world.

She was indeed in her own macrocosm, letting her body take her to her destination.