Chapter 10

She had woken up at least 3 times before this, waiting for her alarm to finally shake her peace but the amount of sleep she was getting was suspicious, so this time she finally decided to get up and get ready for the day. She ducked her head out of the sheets and squinted an eye to look at the alarm beside her bed but to her stupefaction, there was nothing there but plain wall there. In fact, everything seemed different.
Slowly the events from yesterday night started rolling into her brain one by one.
But before she could process anything, the  door opened and a petite girl of about 15 walked in.

The girl seemed a bit surprised to see her already awake but nevertheless keot walking and put the clothes in her hand on the bed and pointed at them .
"Where am I?"
*silence*
"Who are you?"
*Silence*
"Are you the owner?" At this question, her pupils dilated a cm and she quickly shaked her head.
"Are you a house helper here?" She nodded her head this time.
"Why are you not saying something? Please don't be afraid of me. If anything, I'm the one who needs your help."
She again remained silent. "Are you not allowed to talk"
She then opened her mouth wide, showing the inside.
..
She had no tongue
..
someone had cut her tongue off.
..
'What type of place am I in?'
She again pointed at the dress on the bed.
"Do you want me to wear it?"
She nodded her head.
'Oh in what cruel place was I? A small child had her tongue cut off here.'

After changing, y/n was led outside into the hallways, taking turns and turns.
'This place reminds me of that maze from Jeju Island.' Finally they reached a staircase and were led up.

'Woah'

'There's a whole damn ravishing mansion above while that maze was just the fcking basement.'
The girl eventually led her to a large door with 2 guards on each side.
One of the guards knocked at the door on seeing them and a man with dimples walked out.
He was the first person to smile at y/n since she came here so she felt a bit comfortable with his presence.
"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon. You must be the girl boss brought yesterday."
'boss? What is this, 'the mafia.'

She wanted to scoff but nodded her head nevertheless.
He smiled again while stepping back.
"Are you scared?"
She nodded again.
"Are you mute?" She shaked her head 'no'.

"Then why aren't you saying anything?"

'I love my tongue and didn't want it to be cut off.'
Of course she couldn't say that so she tilted her head and muttered, " I have to go."
"huh?"
"I have some work to do and you're keeping me here. Can I go back home?"
"Unfortunately, I don't have the privilege to decide that stuff for you. But you can ask that to him."
"Who?"
"The boss, come, I'm taking you there."
She had a passing thought of running to the nearby door but it wasn't great idea.
She would be shot dead or the door would lead me to another door and another door and she'd be long dead and gone before escaping from this place.

But there's no harm in trying.
This unknown place was suffocating her already.
Namjoon opened the door signaled her to come inside but she quickly raised her pinky finger and asked permission to do the natural stuff.
So the little girl was brought again to lead y/n to the washroom.
Just as they reached the washroom, y/n swiftly pushed the girl inside and locked the door from outside and went for a run.
She could hear the screams of the girl warning others that she's escaping.
A stray tear left her eyes as she felt bad for doing that to a small child but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.
Soon footsteps could be heard behind her. She quickened her pace as a sick deja vu filled her veins.

'Jin! Jin!! No'
'Y/n I promise I'll return to you.'

With the thumps of the footsteps, the thumps in her head became louder, till her body gave in as she collapsed and the men in black suits started grabbing her. "She had the audacity to run from us."
"She might be just a thief since she's not being tortured."
"Check if there are any hidden pockets."
The guys were patting her side to see if she had anything hidden in her pockets.
Her numb body couldn't even resist their strong arms, all she could think about was, "Jin..."
..

"GET YOUR HANDS FUCKING OFF HER BEFORE I DRILL YOU ALL INTO THE GROUND."