Chapter 1~ The OverWorld

THERE IT IS! Luna thought to herself, after years of searching, she finally found a portal that should, (in theory) lead her to the OverWorld. As she landed on the island, her wings began feeling sore, she decided she would have one last meal in The End. She pulled out some chorus fruit, stretched her wings out, and ate. She looked out into the endless void surrounding her and wondered what the OverWorld looked like. Would it be like the pictures she found in some of the abandoned temples The End had to offer, endless green fields, animals and life everywhere you turn, and SHEEP. Luna loved sheep, she found a picture of an animal labeled sheep and she loved how fluffy it looked. It looked so lovable compared to the shulker that she was used too. She took the last bite of her last chorus fruit, opened up her wings, and took one last swoop in the air, and dove straight into the portal.

Upon emerging on the other side, she appeared to be in some sort of cave. Nothing she saw around her looked anything like she had seen before, it was all... gray. She completely stepped out of the portal, and once she did, she felt a weird tingle in not only her wings, but all over her body. She hadn't felt this "sensation" since her parents were alive, so this was news indeed. She noticed some stairs in the corner of the room, and ran to the surface. Once she did, she was in pure shock. No picture from the temples could have prepared her for what she was looking at. The big ball of light above her felt so warm compared to the coldness of The End, and the amount of color berating her eyes was a bit alarming. The sensation of the air hitting her wings seemed to push her senses into overdrive, and it was AMAZING. She looked around, and she did the first thing she could think of, FLY. She opened up her huge, gray wings and launched herself into the sky. She let her wings take her where they wanted, and to her surprise, they were leading her towards the snowy hills far off into the distance. And also to her surprise, there was a bird flying her way. But something in her heart told her it wasn't a bird. She stopped and hovered in the air, and she couldn't even believe her eyes. It was someone like her. The winged man stared at her, and he seemed to be in as much shock as she was, and they both flew closer to each other. They both stared at each other for quite some time before he broke the silence.

"Ummm, hello?" the man said, his black wings shining in the sunlight.

"Ummm, hi?" Luna responded, honestly quite surprised they spoke the same language. This was the first time she had spoken to anyone since her parents died, besides her endermen friends.

"How is this possible? Where did you come from?" he asked.

"Well, you see, there was this portal, and I kinda flew through it? I guess that's really the best explanation I can give you." she replied.

"So you are from The End?" he asked, although from the tone of his voice, she could tell he already knew the answer.

"Yeah, you look like you are too." Luna replied, "What's your name?"

"Philza. Your's?"

"Luna.'' Upon saying this, she watched Philza's eyes go wide, and he stared at her even more intently. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm sure you're hungry, why don't I get you something to eat back at my place?" Philza said, and pointed further into the snow.

"Sure why not?" Luna replied, but as they were flying back to his place, she felt her wings trying to guide her elsewhere, but she found it in her best interest for the time being to follow this mysterious Philza fellow.