Chapter 15~ Death

"How would you feel if I told you I know where we are?" she said, and Tommy looked up to her.

"You know where we are?" he said, and Luna just nodded.

"Phil and Techno aren't that far from here. I could fly there in maybe half an hour. They live a few mountains over." she said, pointing in the direction of the snowy mountains on the other side of the forest.

"Wow, we ought to go and say hi sometime." he said, and then thought back to Dream's words. "Maybe not."

"Phil and Techno can handle themselves. No way would Dream be able to kill them." she said, and got up onto the beach. They spent a few days cleaning the beach and surrounding area. Ranboo had showed up one day and gave Luna and Tommy an enchanted book, so that they would be able to communicate in it. It was enchanted so that whatever they wrote down, it would appear in the matching book he had back home. He said that he was going to stay at Phil and Techno's that way he would be close and be able to come and visit on days that Dream didn't show up. They had started to run low on food, so they had made some wooden swords to go and get some food. Then Dream showed up in a complete set of enchanted Netherite armor.

"I thought I said no weapons?" he said, taking the swords away and breaking them. He then proceeded to hit Luna, who had been the one to craft them.

"Dream stop, she only has one life!" Tommy shouted, Luna just stayed on the sand.

"She should have thought about that before she broke my rules." he said, and picked her up. He was holding her by her neck. "Do you know what I do to people who break my rules Tommy?" he said, and Tommy shook his head. "Here, let me show you." he said, grabbing Tommy and Luna and carrying them up a cobblestone tower that the two had built so they had a vantage point. On the way up, Luna had begun to sob. She looked at Tommy and mouthed, 'Tell Ranboo I love him, and that I hope he stays safe. Please make sure nothing happens to my beloved.' Tommy then began to sob. When they reached the top, Dream wrapped himself around Tommy, and left Luna sitting on the edge. They were high enough that a fall from this height would kill her.

"Tommy, this is what I do to people who break my rules." Dream said, and kicked Luna off of the tower. He brought Tommy over so he was forced to watch her hit the ground. Even as she was falling, she looked to Tommy and smiled, she mouthed, 'Stay safe, brother.' Tommy screamed when she hit the ground, and Dream pulled him down the tower. He brought him over to her body, and forced him to look.

"This is what happens when you break my rules Tommy, don't make the same mistake she did." he said. Tommy was sobbing so hard he could barely breathe. He just stared at Luna's body, and all he could feel like was that this was all his fault. He hadn't done anything, he didn't protest to Dream at all. He didn't defend her, he didn't tell him that it was him that suggested that they go out and hunt for food. After Dream left, Tommy gave Luna a proper burial, and wrote to Ranboo. He didn't want to be the one to tell him what had happened, but there was no one else to do it. He invited Ranboo, Phil, and Techno over so they could give her a proper funeral. He couldn't sleep that night, all he could see was her calm face as she fell, and the way she smiled at him. She had called him her brother, and yet he did nothing to protect her. It should have been him. He kept telling himself that it was his fault that she died.