Chapter 5~ Death?

"Hey guys! Didn't think I would leave you guys out to dry did you?"

"LUNAAAAA!" Tommy screamed, and ran up to her. "Fundy didn't think you would come back, but we MEN didn't doubt you for a second, right Tubbo?" he said, smiling at Tubbo and then glaring at Wilbur.

"I knew you would come back, you don't seem like the type to leave us anyways." Tubbo said and he also ran up to her. The two boys grabbed her and wrapped her up in a big hug, so much so she dropped her sword and her bow to the ground.

"GUYS! I KINDA CAN'T BREATHE!" Luna said, actually struggling to breathe.

"Sorry, we are just excited you are gonna be with us tomorrow." Tommy said. They all stared at each other for a moment. Wilbur took a glance at her and noticed the armor that she was not wearing earlier.

"Where'd you get the armor? It looks new." Wilbur said.

"Well, my brother made it for me-" Luna said, internally panicking that she mentioned Techno. At least she didn't say any names.

"You have a brother?" Tommy said, the boys were getting curious about her now.

"Yeah, where is he?" Tubbo added.

"Well, back when I was in the end, I did have a brother. He crafted these, but sadly, no one I knew then is still alive." Luna replied, half lying. She actually did have a brother back in the end. And he did die when the dragon wiped out her people. As she was thinking back on this, she saw the flashes of the purple fire, she could hear the screams of her people, and she saw her family's corpses lying in front of her. After a few moments she felt arms wrap around her, and realized it was Tommy. She then realized she was crying. She hadn't done that in a while.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up..." Wilbur said.

"No, it's ok. As you can tell I'm not used to talking about things with people." Luna replied, and returned her hug with Tommy. She let her wings droop down, and she laid into his side and cried for a bit, while the other boys told her goofy stories of moments they had shared together. Her favorite was the story of how the idea of L'manburg came from a drug van. After a few hours, Luna had fallen asleep next to Tommy. The boys decided it would be best to rest up before the morning.

When the sun began to rise, explosions went off, and it immediately woke everyone up. Luna raised her wings up to protect Tommy and Tubbo, but Wilbur was too far away. Everyone pulled their armor out of their bags, and their swords. Luna readied her bow and they ran to the gate. When they arrived they saw George and Sapnap, holding more explosives and flint and steel. The gate had been blown to pieces. Most of the path leading into L'manburg had been blown up as well. They saw Dream lift up his mask and he smiled at the sight of them all walking up to see them standing there.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." Dream said, pulling out his sword. He walked into the gate, and Tommy and Tubbo stepped next to Luna, and they all formed a blockade in front of Wilbur.

"Guys, you don't need to protect me." Wilbur said.

"Yeah, cause you all will die anyway." Dream said.

"And how can you be so sure?" Tommy said.

"Whatever. Anyways, today I am feeling a little generous..." Dream said, turning back to smile at George. "So I am gonna give you an option."

"And what's that?" Tubbo said.

"Good ole Tommy here is gonna challenge me to a duel. If he wins, you all can have your independence. If I win, you guys must all give up and give in, or DIE." Dream said, without giving any emotion in his words.

Tommy turns around to Wilbur, and Wilbur nods.

"Sounds like a deal." Wilbur said, and the group began to walk outside the walls of L'manburg, and Tommy fell back to talk to Luna.

"So Luna, I was wondering..." he said, and he looked down at his hands. "Do I shoot him, or do I aim for the skies?" After finishing he looks into her eyes.

"Well, I think that you should do whatever your heart tells you to do, but in your duel I want you to use this..." Luna replies, and hands him the Dragon's breath bow.

"You want me to use your bow?" he said, holding the magical bow in his hands.

"Yeah, I mean, it has shot him once right?" she said, smiling at him.

"Wow, thank you, I feel a lot more confident already." He said, nudging her in the side a little bit.

"Anything for my best friend, now go and give him hell!" She said, flapping her wings a bit.

"Best friend?" he asked.

"Yeah, you are my best friend, now granted, I don't have that many friends in general, but you are definitely my best friend." she said, and punched him in the arm.

"Alright then, I guess that makes you one of my best friends too!" he said, returning her punch to the arm. She laughs, and reaches to one of her wings, and plucks a feather. She flinches slightly, but tucks the feather into the wrapping on the bow.

"Here, for good luck, when we get back I can make a necklace for you! Back in The End we would exchange feather necklaces as a way of friendship" Luna exclaimed, practically beaming. Just her pure joy made Tommy's nerves melt away. He was glad he met her.

"Here we are Tommy." Dream shouted from the front, and pulled out his bow. Everyone else on the path went and stood in the grass. Tommy pulled an arrow out, and Dream did the same. They met in the middle, and then turned their backs to each other.

"Prepare boys, take ten paces on my command." Wilbur said, giving Tommy a thumbs up.
"Ten" Wilbur started the countdown, and the boys took a step away from each other.

"Nine" Luna could feel the tension in the air. Even though she had nothing to do with what they were fighting for, she would stand beside Tommy, Tubbo, and Wilbur to the end. She looked at Tommy, and she could feel his nerves from where she was standing.

"Eight" Tubbo tensed up, and crossed his fingers.

"Seven" George winked at Dream.

"Six" Luna pulled her wings in closer and flashed Tommy a smile.

"Five" Wilbur started to sweat.

"Four" Tommy gulped.

"Three" Dream pulled his mask back over his face in an attempt to hide the smile on his face.

"Two" Sapnap started clapping.

"One" the two boys stopped and readied their bows.

"FIRE!" Wilbur screamed, and the two boys flipped around and fired. Tommy's arrow grazed Dream's face, and blood shot everywhere. It missed any fatal points, however Dream still winced in pain. Dream's arrow however, landed right in between Tommy's eyes, and his body crumpled over, but Luna screamed and flew to him and caught his lifeless body before it hit the ground. The arrow was still sticking out, and his eyes had lost any sign of life. Luna looked at him, and tears began to flow. She screamed as loud as she could. She turned to look at Tubbo and Wilbur, but they didn't seem all that upset, just a tad bit shocked. Luna turned to look at Dream, who was currently looking at her, and laughing. She grabbed her bow from Tommy's limp hand and fired her own arrow at him, landing right in his left eye. There was a flash of light as a Totem of Undying faded in front of her, and Dream pulled the arrow out, a hole in his mask. His mask had split in half, and a scar was left over his eye. He looked at Luna in shock, and she ran at him with her sword. She flared her wings open, and flew up in the air, flying at Dream at full speed. She shoved the sword in his shoulder, and he winced in pain, but shoved her off, and she hit the ground. Before she could get up he slung her sword back at her and it landed in the ground right next to her head.

"I suggest you all surrender and give in. I'll be back once you all choose to give in, or die. And I mean it." Dream said, pulling out an ender pearl. George and Sapnap also pulled out pearls and they all teleported away. Luna looks up from the ground and sees Tommy's body once again. She crawls back over to his body and picks him up. She starts to cry viciously, and finds it hard to breathe. In between sobs she feels some arms wrap around her.