Chapter 16~Ghost

The next day, he was greeted by a sobbing Ranboo, and a very sad looking Phil and Techno. He didn't say a word as he guided them over to her grave that he had built. Ranboo just fell down to the ground and cried.

"Tommy, what happened?" Phil said, placing a hand on his son's shoulder.

"We were running out of food, and I suggested that we go out and hunt. She crafted a sword, which was against one of Dream's rules, and he just so happened to show up. He grabbed us and carried us up our tower, and threw her off. He was trying to make a point and told me that if I ever broke one of his rules, he will do the same to me." he said, and he felt like crying. The only thing was, there were no more tears left for him to cry. "Ranboo, I need to tell you something." Tommy said, and went over and knelt next to Ranboo. Ranboo didn't move his gaze away from Luna's grave.

"What..." he managed to choke out, still sobbing.

"She wanted me to tell you that she loves you, and she wants you to stay safe. She also told me to protect you. She called you her beloved. She really wanted me to make sure you knew how much she loved you." Tommy said in a whisper. Ranboo began to sob even harder, if that was even possible. While the four were huddled over her grave, a small mist began to form over top of the dirt. Tommy and Ranboo looked up to see Luna.

"Hey guys." she said, her voice echoing across the field.

"Luna..." Ranboo said, and hugged her ghost. Surprisingly, he didn't go right through her.

"I just wanted to see you guys, I wanted to make sure no one thought it was their fault." she said, and looked between Ranboo and Tommy.

"But it was my fault Luna! I should have put up a fight, I should have tried to protect you." Tommy said, and this time, tears found their way to his eyes.

"Tommy , if you had fought him, he would have killed you too, and then it would have just made matters worse. And besides, when you came back, I would still be dead, and you would be down to just one life." she said, and Tommy knew it was true.

"How are you here?" Ranboo said, still holding hands with her ghost.

"I don't know, Wil told me there was a chance I could come back, I am just happy it's in this form and not the way his ghost works." she said, and giggled. Ranboo didn't know how she could laugh when she had just died the day prior. "There is also something else I should tell you." she said, and looked at the guys. Phil and Techno hadn't been able to say anything this entire time. "Dream is going to come back soon, and I would like it if you guys managed to get Tommy away, please protect him. And Ranboo, please stay safe. Now, I must go back." she said, and gave each guy a hug, coming to Ranboo last. "Please stay safe for me Boo." she said, and kissed him. Right as Ranboo realized what had happened, she vanished, her body returning to mist. Even as a ghost, her kiss felt like the moonlight, and it calmed him.

"C'mon guys, let's get you all back." Phil said, and brought Ranboo and Tommy back to the cottage.