➣ two

▽ Where You Belong By Kari Kimmel

               ➣ two

''Ariel baby wake up. We gotta go'' I spoke gently to the three year old beside me as I slightly shook her awake. Her natural brown hair became somewhat rather messy as she stirred in her seat while other passengers hurriedly passed by. One reason why I hate traveling on planes.

''Mommy are we there yet?'' She examined sleepily as her brown eye's were squinted, adjusting to the lighting that surrounded her.

''Yeah we're here, so let's go. Remember to stay close to me'' I reminded her as I stood in the aisle, unbuckling her seatbelt. She jumped off and instinctively collided her soft little fingers with mine.

× × ×

Ariella and I stood in the middle of our new apartment, having a moment of silence as we took in our surroundings. Although the apartment itself was small, the amount of natural lighting made the place more open than it seemed.

On the left was the living room with a small balcony that I'll have to make sure to kid proof later. Then on the right -of course with some space in between- was the kitchen. So far the smallest room I've yet to seen out of the entire apartment. But it was durable, being that there's only two people that'll be living here.

Then beside the kitchen was the hallway -which was only a few inches away from the front door- which lead towards the two bedrooms and one bathroom.

''Come on mommy, let's go see our rooms'' Ariella urged as she intertwined her hand with mine, leading me towards the hallway.

× × ×

I was practically blinded the second I woke up as sunlight was shining all throughout my bedroom. I smiled at my window, exultant as to how far I've gotten in life, especially with Ariella being a huge part of it.

Obviously it was a rough start, but once I've isolated myself and Ariella, everything turned out for the better and I couldn't be any happier.

I finally decided to get out of bed after a comfortable 5 minutes, my first destination being the kitchen.

My feet stamped against the wooden floor as I could simply hear birds chirping on the balcony. Various sized boxes towered the living room, making the space immensely limited. I released a yawn as I swiftly turned, my hand easily landing on the refrigerator handle. I pulled it open as -simultaneously- my yawn ended, taking a comprehensible noticed that it was completely empty.

''Oh yeah, we just moved''.

☯  ☯  ☯

413 words, third update and so far they've been short. That's crappy of me but I promise the next chapter, it'll be more.