➣ eighteen

▽ Emma Campbell Cover Of Habits

               ➣ eighteen

juliet pov

''Oh thank god''. I sighed as I threw my back on the floor, making my way to the kitchen.

I went into the bottom bin of my fridge, removing some items to find the bag of chips I hidden was no longer there.

''Oh this-''.

''We're Home!'' Alice and Ariella announced the second they opened the door. I stood and turned to them.

''How was the park?'' I asked as the two walked towards the island.

''It was fun. Alice made me go high on the swings'' Ariella replied so happily. Alice smiled a proud one as she looked over to see the mess I made.

She grabbed both of my hands and gave them a small squeeze. ''Juliet I say this from the bottom of my heart. You're terrible at hiding things''.

I snatched my hands away from her grip as Ariella and Alice laughed.

''Haha. Go change I'm gonna start making dinner'' I instructed towards Ariella. She nodded and ran off.

''I must say you're pretty good with her. You're an amazing mom'' She praised. I dropped the frying pan at her very last statement.

Not once did I mention being a mother to Alice.

''What makes you think I'm a mom?'' I questioned as I picked up the frying pan that just so happen had fallen on my feet.

''Well for one there's two bedrooms and not once since I've been here that any older adults come in here presenting themselves to be Ariella's parents'' She stated.

Well I couldn't lie to her even if I tried. She was a werewolf after all.

''You have to make sure that you keep this a secret''.

She raised hands in defense. ''Aye you scratch my back I scratch yours''.

I pointed to her as we both nodded with knowingly smirks on our faces.

That's when we heard a knock.

''Take out the ground beef for me'' I quickly told her before I left the kitchen to answer the door.

''Lydia?''.

She usually stood there with a grin on her face but stood there expressionless. Something was obviously off.

''We need to talk''. She made her way inside, not even having the moment to acknowledge Alice presence.

I closed the door and followed her as we both sat on the couch.

''What's wrong?''.

''Have you been lying to me?'' She asked. I tilted my head to the side.

''Nope but I'm pretty sure you and the others have'' I remarked.

''Juliet I'm serious''.

''Me too''.

She sighed and looked around. The fact that she still didn't notice Alice made me turn to see her not there. But the meat was out.

''Is Ariella you're daughter?'' She asked. It's seems like that was the question that was really bugging her.

'Is everyone figuring out I'm a mother today?'.

''Lydia where are you getting this from?''.

''Just answer me''.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. What exactly was I suppose to say, yes?