➣ thirteen

▽ Riley Bierderer Cover Of It's Time

               ➣ thirteen

My nails banged against the metalic railing, the sounds bouncing off the walls of the small elevator, the lights barely illuminating as brightly as they should.

I leaned my head against the wall, watching the numbers increase from floor to floor.

2..

3..

4!

I dashed through the double doors, walking towards Alice room that was surrounded by a pool of security gaurds.

''Juliet!''.

Mrs.Carters squeezed her tiny appearence through two larger ones, catching up to me.

''Mrs.Carter I'm so-''.

''You shouldn't be here'' She snapped, her voice low and completely demonize.

''E-Excuse me?'' I asked, doing a double take of how unexpected her attitude was.

''This place isn't safe. I want you to go straight to the Cafe and stay there until I get there. You don't let anyone in, do you understand?'' She demanded.

''Why? Is everything okay- I-I mean I know it's not okay but-'' I stuttered, feeling at a lost for words. Mrs.Carters nevers fails to be the sweetest person around, and this sudden image is all a new level -literally-.

''Just do what I say and trust me, you'll be safe''.

I barely nodded my head, to invested of the fact of how strange this entire predicament was. But more likely-

''Scott? Stiles?'' I called, watching them come from the opposite hallway-that still lead the way here-.

''Juliet?'' They both questioned in unison. Eyebrows were knitted together, eye's were clouded with confusion and necks were breaking foward.

''What are you guys doing here?'' I asked. I didn't even realized I left Mrs.Carters side.

''We um- to see how- how- Scott's Mom Is Doing! Hi Momma McCall!'' Stiles stuttered quickly that was almost to the point where I almost didn't know what he said.

I turned around to see a familiar dark curled hair woman walking towards us. Have I seen her from somewhere?

''Stiles, Scott? What are you two doing here?'' She asked as well, wondering the same as I.

No seriously, I swear I have seen her before. Why can't I put my finger on it?

''We can ask you the same thing mom! Seriously what can you possibly be doing that's so hard to coordinate you?'' He asked in disbelief while placing a hand on his hip.

She narrowed her eyes, craning her neck all the way to the side.

''So uh, enough about us Julie, why are you here?'' Stiles asked quickly, obviously trying to change the topic. If it wasn't clear already, these two are terrible liars.

''I'm here to see Alice. She got hurt last night so I'm just here to check up on here but obviously, stuff happened'' I replied with a shrug.

''Bummer, but we gotta go, See Ya!'' Scott says, dragging Stiles with him as they ran off.

I turned to the shorter lady next to me to see her looking at me.

''You're Scott's mom?'' I asked.

''Yeah. Are you the mom I bumped into at the supermarket?''.

My heart thuds while my eyes were too busy growing out of their sockets. That's why she looked so familiar.

''Oh my god, you cannot tell Scott or his friends that I'm a mom'' I whispered, just incase the two were still wondering around.

''Why not?''.

''Because they think that, that little girl you saw at the supermarket is my sister. Plus if they ask who the dad is that's when I'm in real deep'' I begged.

''Whose the dad?'' She asked, as if she heard not a word I just said.

''If I say, you promise not to?''. She nodded, anxious written all over ger face.

''Stiles''.

''What!'' She yelled which may I add, brought everyone's attention.

''Why? When-'' She asked, completely bewildered of how of all people, Stiles is a father.

''I know you have a lot of questions but I have somewhere to be'' I quickly excused, remembering to be at the Cafe for some weird reason.

× × ×

''There are things about this town, Juliet. Things that should be tv and movie ideas on Nickolodeon and ABC Family'' She whispered as we sat -once again- in the back. Apparently she thought it be a bad idea to sit in the actually store.

I arched my eyebrows, starting to feel a little frighten of what Mrs.Carters is trying to say.

''I'm confuse'' I said, fixing my sitting position on one of the many boxes stored in the room.

She grabbed both of my hands. ''I want you to promise me that what I will tell you, you have to promise me you will not tell anyone?''.

''I promise'' I nodded.

''The supernatural realm. Meaning vampires, witches, werewolves actually exist. And I have proof that it does'' She says while watching for a reaction.

'Well at some point at an elderly age, you'll become a little crazy', I thought.

''Juliet... I knew you wouldn't-''.

''No! No of course I believe you. But I'll believe you more if there was some actual proof'' I quickly interrupted. I have this thing where I never disappoint someone, even before Ariella was born.

''Then stand up dear'' She says quietly. Hesitant but I stood. She opened up the box I sat on, then opening up the bag of coffee beans inside.

Once it was open she retract herself from it, fixing her posture to straighten her back. I watched her raise her right hand, her elderly muscles flexing as the coffee beans started floating.

Yeah, floating.

''What is happening?'' I asked while watching the beans float around me in amusement.

''I'm a witch'' She announced letting her hand fall. Along with the beans that just so happen to fall on my head.

''And Alice has become a werewolf. Last night she was attack and the information I've heard from her doctors was more than clear'' She adds. I nodded, not exactly sure of what to say.

''Well?''.

''Do you have an idea of where she is?'' I ask. She shook her head.

''I plan to do a tracking spell later tonight'' She informs, standing uo only close the box of coffee beans.

''Is there anything I can do?''.

''Nope. Just stay home and keep that phone close by'' She adds with a slight nod. I nodded as well as I followed her out of the storage room.