➣ twenty-four

▽ Megan Nicole Cover Of A Team

               ➣ twenty-four

''No?'' She questioned as I slammed my locker shut.

''Lydia you know how busy my schedule is, I'm too busy to hang out with you at the mall'' I stated, partially lying so I can get myself out of this short predicament.

''Liar liar, Ariella is on fire'' She sang as we walked down the halls.

''Speaking of Ariella, I am babysitting her by myself today right?'' Scott ask, popping up out of nowhere.

''Oh My God Just Shut Up About Her For One Minute!'' I yelled, stopping in my tracks.

Yeah, yeah that definitely earned alot of nosey stares from other peers in the hall.

''Sorry'' They muttered in unison.

''No, no I'm sorry uh, she just happens to uh.. You know what um never mind'' I stuttered, walking off.

Everything at this point is spiraling. Spiraling to the point that I don't even know how to controll it. It's to that point, where I have to play my cards carefully because if I don't the next move will be the most unexpected one.

And honestly, at this point, I don't even know what to do anymore. The best that I actually got is to keep my distance.. With all of them this time.

''Juliet! Hey!''.

I turned to see Stiles attempting to catch up to me, but I picked up the pace.

''Juliet Wait!''.

I stopped near a corner and turned to him. Once he approached me, he leaned against the wall for support, regaining his breath.

''Hey, why didn't you stop when-''.

''Stiles we need to talk'' I stated firmly.

He was hesitant but he nodded.

I took a deep breath. ''I really don't want you taking care of Ariella anymore''.

''Juliet we talked about this-''.

''Stop just stop. I have my reasons Stiles can you just respect that? Please? For once just stop being so stubborn and don't show up today.. Or tomorrow or any day of that matter?'' I demanded. I was breaking on the inside. Badly.

I was telling the man who helped create our daughter to stop seeing her. I'm never the one to be those type of parents but I'm looking out for my child.

And besides why would I ever decide to tell Stiles he's a dad? Why would I ever think that his reaction would be anywhere near positive? God I was so stupid to even think that we could possibly be a family.

''Wait, d-don't you think you're being inconsiderate?'' He questions, doing that habit he has when he wails his hands around.

I scoffed. ''Inconsiderate? How?''.

''You're angry with us and you're grudge is that strong that I can't take care of that little girl? B-But you can let Scott?'' He questions.

''None Of You Are Gonna Babysit Her Stiles! I Know People That Can Do That For Me, I Don't Want My Friends Doing My Job!'' I yelled.

Okay, yeah I should really learn how to contain my volume.

''You're job? W-what do you-''.

I tightened my jaw, flaring my nostrils as I averted my gaze. ''I need to get to class''.

× × ×

I was just across the street from work when I was turned -forcefully- to see Alice.

I smirked. ''Finally gonna come back to work?''.

She mocked my smirk but it vanish into disgust. ''I kinda have no choice. I found out the most ridiculous thing that a roommate has to help pay half of the rent''.

''Shocker''.

She rolled her eye's before dragging me across the street. Once we entered through the doors, the tinkling bell interrupts everyone's conversation. We were now the center of attention.

''Wow... Tough crowd'' Alice mutters.

''Alice! Oh My God'' Fabian called, running over to us to give Alice a hug.

''Hi Fabian'' I greeted as politely as I could as they departed from the hug.

He looked me up and down. ''Ugh''.

The smile fell off my lips as he continued with his conversation with Alice. As well as everyone else's conversation.

''Mrs. Carter has been looking for you for weeks! She's in the back, you should really go talk to her'' He exaggerated.

She smiled. ''Okay''.

She was about to walk off when he pulled her back. ''What you should also do is mention a raise for me, that'll be good''.

And there we go. The old, selfish Fabian everybody learns to hate.

Alice pulled his arm away from his grip and walked off. He watched her as she entered through the door in the back, turning back to me.

Again, he just had to look me up and down. ''Ugh''.

He rolled his eye's and walked off. Where as I had to walk all the way to behind the counter.

× × ×

''What the hell are you doing here?'' I hissed while I slammed the door behind me.

Stiles was here of course, watching tv while Ariella was asleep on his side.

''Doing my job. You're not gonna stop me from taking care of her'' He stated. He carefully leaned foward to grab the remote from the coffee table.

''Like hell I will, that's my d-''.

For the first time since I moved back here I almost slipped up on a lie. My lie.

''That's my sister'' I finished.

I took a deep breath and took a seat beside him on the arm rest.

Didn't I say it? Didn't I say that this wasn't going to be easy? I can't keep up with this anymore. I only have a few months left and that's it. Everyone graduates and goes off to college.

But me? I have to stay behind. Everyone get's to leave. Stiles is gonna leave.

There's not gonna be the right time where I get to tell him that Ariella May Stilinski is you're freakin' daughter.

''But she loves it when I'm here. She responds so well to me and really the only other person she responds well to as much is you'' He stated.

This is it. This is that perfect moment when I can blurt out the logical explanation. But of course we have consequences.

Bitchy, selfish demonized consequences.

But she never said anything about the two being together. Ariella doesn't know about her father and Stiles has no clue of my predicament. Therefore no one can possibly screw up.

I closed my eye's and took another deep breath.

''I um.. I have a uh, day off at work on Saturday. You can like take her out to do something together'' I reasoned.

He grinned. It was by far the biggest smile I have ever seen.

''Great. I'll be here''.

I smiled a tired one as he picked Ariella up, taking her to bed.

Yeah, nothing can screw this up.