➣ twenty-one

▽ Long Way Home By 5SOS

               ➣ twenty-one

''Mommy! We Need French Toast!''.

I open my eyes to see Ariella sitting on top of me with her face only inches away from mine.

I smiled tiredly. ''Than Have Cereal!''.

She giggled and moved various strands of her hair out of sight. ''Can't, we ran out of milk''.

I softly held a grip of her head and pulled her onto the actual bed. She laughed as I wrapped an arm around her.

I took a deep breath and closed my eye's as I burried my face into her hair.

''How about we sleep for the entire day?'' I ask as I welcomed Ariella under the white covers.

''That sounds boring''.

'She says that now' I thought.

The wonderful sound of my ringtone echoed loudly throughout the room, interrupting the short chirpings outside.

Absentmindedly, I reached out for my phone on the bedside and grabbed it.

''Hello?''.

''Juliet..''.

I clenched my teeth, tightening my jaw.

Scott.

''I really want to talk to you. Around three today, meet me at the park. Okay?''.

I sighed a defeated one. ''Sure. Bye''.

He replied muttering a small bye before we both hung up.

''Get dress muppet. We are going to the park'' I announced, rubbing her head.

She jumped out of the covers in excitement. ''Yay!''.

I turned in the opposite direction Ariella ran off in, swinging my legs off the bed.

''After we go to the supermarket and buy some damn food''.

× × ×

My butt ached against the wooden benched as I watched Ariella climb her way back up to the top of the slide, only to go down again in delight.

It was 3:04 yet Scott has not made an appearance. Iconic being that he was the one to set this whole thing up.

''Juliet''.

I turned to see the familiar handsome stranger to have finally reckon my name in use.

''Derek. Third time's a charm?'' I interrogated half heartedly as I laid my attention back onto Ariella.

''Small town that you just so happen to be in grocery girl'' He stated, using more of the unintended nickname than it's already titled.

''And you're here why?'' I ask, turning to him as the wind blew, blowing away any pieces of hair on my face.

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Intead his eyebrows twisted together in confusion as he stared off of something behind. I turned to see Scott with two small cups if coffee.

''Derek?''.

''Scott?''.

The two looked at each other in bewilderment, unsure of the other ones presence.

An eyebrow rised in curiosity. ''You two know each other?''.

''You can say that'' Derek muttered as he stood.