Chapter 17

Luna's pov
I walked through the boardwalk,it actually looks pretty nice in the morning!i walked out the exit of the boardwalk and managed to find a diner,I managed to find some money in my pocket for some breakfast.after ordering some breakfast and paying for it I left the diner and went back to the boardwalk,as I entered the boardwalk I saw a sign filled with missing posters.i then stopped and froze,I grabbed one of the missing posters.i felt like throwing up:I had my own missing poster,I felt like falling to my knees.i gulped I crumbled up my missing poster and threw it out,I continued to walk through the boardwalk.

i walked down the boardwalk and down the beach,some people were surfing and tanning.i kept my head down and quickened my pace,I finally made it back to the cave.as I walked down the tunnel of the cave I felt myself getting sleepy,"sh-"I closed my eyes and collapsed next to David on the bed.

Later that night...

David's pov
I opened my eyes and yawned,as I stretched I saw Luna passed out beside me.she slowly began to wake up."hey sweetie,you're already dressed."I pointed out,she yawned."i was actually up before,but then my narcolepsy kicked in so I guess I must've been asleep till the sun went down."she explained,I could tell something was on her mind though."What's wrong Luna?"I asked her,she didn't say anything."did someone hurt you?did a surfer nazi talk to you?i swear I'll rip their-"she cut me off,"no,no,you don't have to kill anyone!"she said.

it got awkwardly quiet,I didn't even hear Paul or Marko telling jokes to Dwayne or Dani."Luna you can tell me anything,you're my mate."I reminded her,she looked at me.she exhaled,"when I was walking back to the cave I saw the signs with all of the missing posters on it."she began to explain.i held her hands as she began to shake,"a-and I...I saw my missing poster."she said in a shaky tone.i remember when Dani saw her missing poster,she was contemplating her choices but we had to reassure her that she made the right choice.

Luna chose to run away

Luna chose to be with me

But Luna didn't chose to be presumed missing or dead

That she didn't chose

"I'm so sorry sugar."i said,I pulled her close to me and hugged her.she sobbed in my chest,they were muffled but I could hear them.all I could do was hug her,"did...did I make the right choice David?"she asked me.i looked at her,I didn't know what to say at all."Well..."I trailed off,I was trying to think of something to say to make her feel better.

Luna's pov
"I'm so sorry sugar."David said,he pulled me close to him and hugged me.I sobbed in my chest,they were muffled."did...did I make the right choice David?"I asked,he looked at me nervously."Well..."he trailed off,he sighed."look sugar,I'm not good with this type of stuff:so I'm not gonna sugarcoat this for you."i nodded,indicating that I understood."listen sugar:if you weren't hear right now,you'd be back with your family.but,it would be harder for you to see me.and then eventually I'd have to turn you,because I wouldn't be able to handle not seeing you all the time.you made the right choice,whether people think you didn't or not:fuck what they think."he said,he was right.shit,David's always right."do you understand?"he asked,"I do David."I said.