Chapter 7 Sleepover

September 1st, 2004

I regretted letting a boy spend the night at my place. In my room. Especially a boy like Baji. I was a complete fool for agreeing to let him stay with me.

My eyes wouldn't stray away from his chest after he had begun to take off his shirt. It was the first time I was alone in a room with a half naked boy. He was only 15 years old, not quite 16, yet his body was that of a fully grown man. His abs showed just how fit he was.

Look away, you damn pervert.

I was finally about to pry my gaze away from him before the shirt was off his head. I hoped and prayed that he would quickly exchange that shirt for another one. But no. Instead I heard the sounds of his pants dropping.

For the love of-

I laid down in my bed, my front facing towards the wall. This was exactly the kind of situation I never wanted to be in. I wanted to change the subject that was circling in my mind.

"When's your birthday?"

"My birthday?" Baji questioned. More teasingly, "Why? Want to get me something for my birthday?"

"Maybe."

A few seconds passed, "November 3rd. Yours?"

"April 17th."

"So, you are older than some of the other kids in our grade."

"You are the oldest in our grade."

He laughed, "Of course I am. But I am only 5 months older than you."

"And a few weeks."

"Whatever. You know what I meant. I'm not that much older than you."

A few minutes went by.

"So, what you getting me for my birthday?"

I turned to look at him. It was a mistake. He was sitting on the futon he brought from his house and he was still without a shirt on. Thankful though, he had thin pajama pants on.

"A shirt to sleep in."

He laughed again, teasing me, "That's cute. I didn't know you were shy."

I turned away from him, "Screw off." I just made him laugh more.

"Will you want to come to my party?"

His sudden question surprised me. We were only in September and he was already inviting me? A lot could happen between now and then.

"You'll get to meet my friends."

Your biker gang friends.

I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. I might have developed some sort of attachment to Baji but it did not mean that I would like his friends or that they would like me.

"I don't know."

"Chifuyu will be there."

"Yeah. He is in Toman. I made him my Vice-Captain."

I got up and looked down at Baji, "You, what? When?"

"A few months ago."

When you both suddenly became good friends.

It was like missing pieces of a puzzle finally fitting in. But I still wondered how that all happened. I asked and he told me everything. The time that Matsuno had been ambushed by a gang, Baji had intervened and had taken care of those guys. Knowing Matsuno, he must have developed respect for Baji's strength and wanted to follow him just as he had followed me the last couple years. I guessed that Baji and I had some similarities.