Chapter 12 Confessions

** I just now realized that my scene breaks were deleted and some of my editing too so I went back on both stories to try to add them so no one is confused when the scene changes. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. 

-----------

April 17th, 2005

My fingers gently caressed his cheek. I watched as he closed his eyes at my touch. I pulled his face closer to mine. It was like everything went in slow motion. I felt his breath on his lips before the feeling of them pressing against mine.

The second our lips touched, Baji pulled away.

"Wait," he whispered. "I can't do this."

I felt rejected.

To my surprise, Baji held the hand that had been caressing his cheek in his hand. He was looking at me with a look I had never seen on him before. It made my throat dry up.

"I need to know first what this is," he said to me. "Why did you kiss me?"

I wasn't sure how to respond.

"Because I felt like it."

"No shit," he said, "I mean does it mean anything to you?"

"I don't understand what you are asking me."

I really didn't. It wasn't like I went around kissing people. I just felt like kissing him.

"I don't want to be led on, Ayato. If you want to be more then tell me. If not then I don't think we should be doing this."

My mind was stuck on 'be more'. I remember thinking I wanted more of his touches. I wanted more of him. When did I begin to feel this way towards him?

"I want to be more," the words spilt out of my mouth without a second thought or hesitation.

My eyes widened in shock. This time, Baji had his hand at the base of my head. He pulled me in. Our lips crashed together in a kiss that was unlike the accidental one or the one just a few minutes ago. This kiss I could feel my whole body react to in pleasant shivers. I felt myself melt into his kiss, closing my eyes.

After some time, he pulled away. He looked at me with half-lidded eyes.

"Shit," he breathed out, "I've been waiting to do that for a while." He began to make his way on my face, from my forehead down to my chin. "You're all mine now."

Another shiver and skip of my heart as I heard him whisper that in my ear.

"If you did then why didn't you?" I asked him.

He stopped kissing me to look at me, "I didn't want to freak you out. I was happy just having you in my life. I wasn't going to force my feelings on you. Not when I didn't know if you felt the same way."

I could understand that.

Baji wrapped his arm back around my waste, rubbing his thumb on my back again.

"I wasn't sure how I felt to be honest," I confessed, "But I like it when you touch me."

He let out a breath, "You shouldn't say stuff like that."

"Why not?"

"Just- Nevermind," he cut himself off, "This makes us official, huh?"

I hadn't really thought about it. But I didn't dislike the idea of having Baji as my boyfriend. Actually, it was the opposite. Something about it felt right. Like another part of a puzzle that found its place.