Chapter 16 This is War

** I managed to write this up. But the next chapter for this story and Mikey's story (which is a crossover fic with this one with Kairi as the main character) will have to wait until probably Friday because I'm going to be busy irl for a bit. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for all the support! ^-^

** PS: I have dyslexia so sometimes when I am writing the words I write they will be switched up in the process or some other errors will appear. I am so sorry for that. And even if I try to reread my story before I publish I will miss things too. If anyone finds something misspelt please let me know and I will fix it ^-^ thank you to those who have already done so! 

----

October 31st, 2005

Whose idea was it to have this war in a junkyard?

My eyes scanned the area just to come to the conclusion that I would have to be careful. There were multiple ways this location could turn bad for me. I had to remain completely aware of my surroundings. If I fell on top of sharp metal, I would not feel it. I could easily bleed to death without even realizing that I have been hurt in the first place.

Stupid damn condition.

I made a mental note to stay away from the mountain of doom. There was just no way I would go up there. It was a death trap waiting to happen. I may not fear pain but I wasn't going to go somewhere that could lead to my death. Would you go somewhere with pointy metals waiting to pierce your flesh? I didn't think so.

"Who are those guys?" I turned my gaze to one of the spectating gang members that were off to the side.

As expected. People want to see this play out if Toman is involved.

"Seven Deadly Sins?"

I was reminded of the kanji '七つの大罪' that was clearly visible beneath a pentagram written in red on the back of all our black zip up hoodies. Seven Deadly Sins was a name we came up with. We wanted to make a huge impact so why not be the embodiment of sins?

"What kind of lame gang name is that? Never heard of them before."

No. But soon everyone will know of us.

"Why do they wear masks? They must be uglier than those masks of theirs."

Idiots.

I gently grabbed hold of the red oni mask that all seven of us wore under our hoods. We were going to make them know us as demons that are there to punish them. We wanted them to be afraid of us. It helped that Masashi was able to add a voice changing device into our masks to make all our voices sound demonic. It would also make it impossible for our friends to recognize our voices.

I turned my attention to Kairi. She was our leader with the codename Lucifer of Pride written across her shoulders with the number "-" one on her chest. The added padding in her shoes gave her a few extra inches, measuring to about Mikey's height now. She really went all out with her disguise.

Through the last few weeks I had spent with her, I learned to trust her. I learned how good she was for my brother. The only thing was, I was worried she would get hurt and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that were to happen.

Relax. You have your mission. To protect Baji.

"Tsk," Beelzebub impatiently said, "What a bunch of idiots."

"Relax, Beel," Masashi told him, "You're supposed to be gluttony not wrath."

"Only because it was already taken," he said. "Right, Satan?"