Chapter 14 Beach

August 31st, 2005

"At least Ayato was around," Baji commented, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. This was the only kind of affection he could show me while we were in public.

"Yeah well. They were taking too long," I said.

I'd grown worried that the girls were taking too long. I went to go check on them only to see them being harassed by some bastards. I got so pissed I broke all of their hands.

"But don't girls always take a long time to get ready?" This time it was Pah.

I looked at him, annoyed with the sexist comment, "It's shit like that that would have changed the outcome of what happened to them."

"What?"

I sighed, "Not all girls take for fucking ever to get ready."

Emma giggled, "Thank you, Ayato. For coming to check on us."

I nodded my head, "Of course."

"Yeah. Thanks for saving us from the perverts," Kairi said with a smile on her face.

I watched as my brother brought her closer to him, "Sorry. I should have stayed with you."

She smiled at him, "It's okay." I looked away when she kissed him so openly.

Part of me was envious of her. I wanted to be able to show my affection to my own boyfriend and not hide our relationship from all our friends and my siblings.

Draken coughed, "Alright. Enough of that. Time to have some fun!"

He picked Emma up and ran towards the water.

"Draken!" she yelled at him. He only laughed as continued.

Some of the boys laughed and ran after them but I didn't have a bathing suit. Not that I could take my top off anyway.

"You coming, Kai?" Mikey asked his girlfriend.

"I'll stay with Ayato-kun."

I was a little surprised she wanted to stay with me when everyone else had left. I was going to protect our belongings while they went to have fun.

"Okay. Keep her safe, Yato!"

"Yeah," I said to my brother as he went after the others.

"Don't like swimming?"

"Not my thing," I shrugged.

"I don't mean to pry or offend you but I have to ask," I turned my gaze to look at her as she asked me, "Are you a girl?"

My whole body froze, "What?"

How the hell did she know? There was no way. Was she just that perceptive?

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone if it's a secret."

Her words somehow sounded sincere but I just couldn't let my guard down.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a guy."

"So, you identify as a male?"

She was convinced that I had the body of a girl. It didn't look like she would take no as an answer.

"Sorry. I guess that's a little rude. I don't care if you are transgender or anything," she smiled, "Be comfortable in your own skin."

Well, I guess things ended up this way.

"How?"I asked, "How did you know?"

"Well, when we first met a couple of days ago," she started, "I just felt like you were a girl pretending to be a boy. And then there was that look Baji-kun gave you."