Chapter 61 - Framing Leon

"兄 (Ani i.e big brother)!" Hiromi said to Hiroshi while she dropped by for a visit at his house.

"What's up?" said Hiroshi. "Not happy with the offer of an internship at Louis Vuitton that I got for you?"

"LV's not my kind of fashion! Besides, I want a paid job, not an internship! Can you help me get a spot in Dolce & Gabanna instead? I've sent my CV and portfolio to them but they never responded!"

"You've got to start somewhere before being taken on a paid job," Hiroshi shook his head at her. "Perhaps your portfolio ain't cut out for them."

"Oh, puh-leeease! I'm a fantastic designer. I'm competing against so many nobodies who are preventing me from getting the attention I deserve, but I know you can get it for me. Otousan (i.e father) won't help me and says I've to be on my own now," she sulked.

"I agree with him," said Hiroshi. "However, we're taking care of your accomodation and house-keeping, so be glad you've much less to worry about."

Hiromi slammed her folded arms on her chest and complained, "But life's not fair! I can't get the job of my dreams, and I can't get Leon Waltz to be my boyfriend!"

"Leon?" Hiroshi's ears perked at that name. "You like him so much, huh?"

"Of course! He's the most handsome man on earth and I want him! I'm pretty, cute, young and I've so many admirers. Why doesn't he want me? I think we look great as a couple and I love it when the media thinks we are."

"Well," Hiroshi replied. "You know that Otousan will never approve him as a potential lover for you. Neither will I, though I'm fine with you wanting to date him as long as it doesn't turn serious."

"But I love him!" Hiromi got adamant. "I don't need any of you to approve what I do with my life! Leon keeps avoiding me no matter how hard I try. I know he still likes Ariel."

Hiroshi was bothered at those words.

"Ani, what do I do? How can I get Leon to fall in love with me?" Hiromi sighed and sat her chin in the cup of her hands.

Raking through his hair, Hiroshi lit up at the unthinkable that abruptly entered into his mind. He went to his bedroom and slid out the top drawer of his bedside table. He tore out a single portion of a pill cover with a white pill encased in it, and returned to Hiromi. 

"Give this to Leon," Hiroshi handed the pill to her.

Hiromi's eyeballs popped at the pill, "What's this? A drug?"

"It's a sleeping pill. Leon doesn't sleep much, does he?"

"No doubt, he always return home late at night," Hiromi rubbed her neck, still confused by what her brother was implying.

"That's why he cannot respond well to you. Slip this into his drink and he'll fall asleep soundly. You can do whatever you want to him."

"Ani...you don't mean it, do you?" Hiromi balked at her brother's deceitful intentions.

"Do you want to just remain as housemates with him?"

Hiromi shook her head, "Absolutely not! But if Otousan finds out...?"

"As long as we don't tell, he won't interfere," said Hiroshi. "Give this to Leon and do whatever you want with him to your heart's content. He won't know or feel it. After that, I'll help you get a job at Dolce & Gabbana."

"You mean it?" Hiromi brightened up although she was still apprehensive. "But isn't this evil?"

"It's not evil. It's just a bit of fun. Besides, you're an adult now," Hiroshi gave a one-sided smile. "As long as you don't go overboard."