𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

season one, one

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚.🩺༄¸

𝐓𝐎  𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 was nervous was an understatement. she was practically shaking on her feet as she followed the group of interns into another hallway, chief webber giving the newcomers a tour. alex stood next to her as they both inspected the space. out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of blonde sneaking her way in. julie smiled at her with a teasing brow, the unknown woman giving a shrug while returning her smile.

het attention went back to the chief when he spoke up again. "a month ago, you were in med school being taught by doctors. today-" chief webber cut himself off moving to open the door to an or. "-you are the doctors."

excitement bubbled in julie's stomach as she alongside all the other inters stepped into the room where their future would begin. her eyes sparkled as she took everything in, from the operating table to the patterns on the floor. she smiled at alex when he looked at her because they knew, after everything, they deserved to be here. and she promised herself she wouldn't disappoint.

"the seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and the worst of your life. you will be pushed to the breaking point." the chief of surgery's voice continued his speech. his eyes glancing over all the people in the room. "look around you. say hello to your competition." doctor webber's words made julie glance around, her eyes taking in every single one of the people surrounding her just like she had done on the mixer. "eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. five of you will crack under the pressure. two of you will be asked to leave. this is your starting line. this is your arena. how well you play, that's up to you." by the end of the chief's words julie's eyes were glancing back at the woman she knew to be cristina yang, the ambition in her eyes clear as day. julie knew that she was her main competition, the fire in her eyes making that clear.

🩺.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒. chaos the best word to describe the current state of the intern locker room. julie smiled as readjusted her unlabeled lab coat. alex, whose locker was opposite hers, shook his head at her obvious excitement.