Trip to the Shelter

3rd POV:

Snape quickly parked the car and rushed to get the two teens inside the animal shelter. Draco was smirking and excited to see harry's reaction while harry was still in his own little world. "Harry?" Draco repeatedly asked multiply times to which he got no response.

"Potter!" Snape shouted slightly as he gently shook the boy.

"Okay, okay chill," harry said rushing Snape hands off before he looked around the place, "where are we?"It was a very ritorical question if he was actually paying attention which he wasn't. Dogs barking could be heard loud and clear. People wondering around either looking for an animal or walking with one. Finally one of the biggest clues was being surrounded but animal supplies and big bold signs.

"Animal shelter," draco started to feel axouis for Harry's reaction, "surprise!?" He yelled a little with small jazz hands.

Harrys eyes practically glowed with happiness and hope, showing a small smile. Sadly, much to Draco's dismay Harry quickly masked his emotions turning it back into a plain, blank face, "We are getting one, right?"

Draco sighed sad that Harry hid himself within his shell once again but didnt say anything, "You need to be more spicific then that, one what?" He answered his question with another question, and a small smile.

Harry looked away and mumbled, "A cat..."

"Well i was thinking more of kitten but if you want a cat we can get a cat," draco said as he watched Harry's head whip back at him and stare at his face looking for any sign of lying which he found none.

"Enough standing around, lets get going" Snape stated, "we can only be out for so long." Snape adored watching them interact for the most part but he knew well that they were on a time crunch and if they don't get back in time it was be a lot to deal with.

Harry on the other hand, was split, he wanted to grab dracos hand, wear a smile and run off to the cat section but he was to scared. He didnt want to seem dependent or weak. He was a afraid of getting close to someone again. He made that mistake to many times and he was worried that if he got close to anyone they would die right in front of him, just they did.

Draco stared at harry, he watched the debate go on in his head, he saw the looked of want slowly turn into sadness. Before anything else could happen draco quickly and gently grabbed onto Harry's hand, linking their fingers, "Come on hun the cats are this way," he then began to walk in the direction closer towards the glass doors with 'cat' spelled out in big black letters.

"Dray," harry wispeared looking up with glossed eyes. He felt awful but he managed to overwhelm himself with his thoughts and on top of that this was the first time in a while that he was given something, let alone something living.

Draco felt his heart speed up at the nickname before a frown formed looking at the tear filled eyes, "Whats wr-" before Draco found finish harry leaned onto him putting his head on dracos chest and lets a sob out. Draco hugged him close and eyed Snape letting him know he could go on with out them. Draco played with the brown messy hair while hugging the crying boy closer, "it's okay hunny, let it out..." draco them continued to wispear calming things into his ear.

Snape just walked off letting Draco handle the issue and help come the boy down. He figured he'd give them 20 minutes before heading towards the cat area where they would be. Until they he wanted to surprise the two with a few gifts, so he made it his dusty to find some cat things that he thought they would like.

However, with the two, Draco spent a rough seven minutes atempting to calm down harry. Once Harry got to the point where only a few tears were falling he began to apologize, "I-im s-sor-ry," harry said with a sniffle, "i-i didnt me-an to start cry-ing" his voice was cracking and draco could feel his shirt getting wet.

"Harry, baby, crying is nothing to be sorry for, its normal and it shows how strong you are, can you tell me what made you cry?" Draco asked trying to help.

Harry did answer as he buried his face into dracos chest, "I don't know too much i guess" he mumbled, waving draco not able to comprehend it.

"What was that?" He asked while hugging the boy close.

"I'm scared..." he said just loud enough for Draco to hear. They both knew that it took a lot courage and trust for Harry admit.

"And thats okay, being scared is a wonderful and horrible thing. It shows things that you can overcome" he explained not know if he believed it was okay, "i'll be right here the whole time."

"But whaat if you aren't? What if you leave me? Or died? What if-" harry ranted out of worry.

"Harry listen to me, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not dying. I'm not leaving. I'm here until you leave, okay?" Draco said holding Harry's chin gently so harry was looking up at him. His glasses were all foggy and his face was red with tear stains.

"Pinky promise?" Harry asked after standing back so he was able to hold his pinky out to the blonde boy. He knew it was a childish thing but he felt as if he needed draco to promise and show it.

"Picky promise," draco said connecting their pinkies with a smile. Stepping closer he looked down at harry, who looked at the ground sheepishly, "Do you still want to go look at the kittens and cats or would you rather come back another day?"

"No," darry said with a smal pout, "were getting a cat, if we can i mean," he began to figit with his fingers.

"Let's go," draco said with a smile and grabbing Harry's hand once again before heading into the cat section.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhh, writing such a damn struggle! Umm i hope you like this chapter : ) I swear though we're putting it in our calendar weekly just so we update regularly or maybe two weeks who knows.

Hopefully you guys enjoy the chapter! If you see something wrong, or hint of something you think should be added, Let us know! If you want to, go ahead share your thoughts and opinions good or bad :)

Remember to eat something, drink some water, and that you meter, are beautiful, strong, caring, deserve love, are talented and are just over all amazing. Stay safe! <3

~tell next time