You accidentally broke her gun (NR)

Summary : You unintentionally break her gun while cleaning your shared room.

ib : gayforddlovato

TW : Angst, Insults (reader receiving), abandonment.

————————————————

My girlfriend, Natasha, is on a mission and is coming back today so I will be cleaning our room so she could come back to a nice tidy room to relax in.  

First, I will start on tidying the bed which is really messy seeing as I was sulking in bed with no cuddles. I started folding the blankets and fluffing the pillows. I vacuumed the floors to get the grime and dust sucked up from the expensive carpet flooring that Stark installed in Natasha & I's shared room. 

Natasha and I have our own desks in our big room so I tidied up hers first. There were papers, mission files and her favourite gun she uses in big missions but she was on a mission that only required her to break in the HYDRA base and get the data downloaded.

I stacked the papers together and stacked the mission files on the other side of the desk. I dusted the rubber dusts off her desk with the duster and placed her pencils & pens in her stationary holder. 

When I was wiping the desk, I accidentally swiped her gun off of the desk and it landed on the floor with a crack (I know guns don't break that easily but ITS FOR THE STORY). My heart stopped and I heard familiar footsteps approaching the door.

I went to where the gun dropped and just as I reached the place, the door opened. 

"Hey bab- WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Natasha screamed.

"I- I can explain." I stuttered.

"HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS? I ALREADY KNOW THAT YOUR CLUMSY ASS DROPPED MY GUN." She insulted me.

"I was c-cleaning our room.." I reasoned as tears pooled my eyes and sadness showed in my pupils.

Natasha saw that but she was blinded by rage and anger to even care.

"YOU ALWAYS BREAK THINGS! YOU BROKE A FEW TEST TUBES AT THE LAB, YOU BROKE CLINT'S BOW, YOU BROKE TONY'S IRON MAN SUIT, YOU SHRUNK WANDA'S SUIT AND NOW YOU BREAK MY GUN?!" Natasha shouted.

"I-What?" Tears began to drop from my eyes.

"YOU ARE SUCH A BURDEN TO THE TEAM FROM HOW MUCH CHAOS YOU MAKE." Natasha screamed.

3rd Person POV

The team was in the lounge listening to muffled Natasha screaming into your face about how much of a burden you are.

Tony turned on the CCTV of your room to show the team and they were heartbroken by how harsh Natasha's words were and how your face twisted with guilt and sadness.

Y/n's POV

"YOU ARE SO USELESS! YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE TEAM SO THE TEAM AND I COULD FINALLY BE HAPPY!" Natasha screamed harshly.

My heart dropped. Natasha wanted you to leave the team so she and the team could be happy?. 

Natasha's shouting stopped and she speed walked out of the room to what i assume, to cool off.

I take this to my advantage and write a resignation note to pass to Fury and a note for the team and Natasha.

Your resignation letter

To Director Fury,

I'm sorry to tell you this but I want to resign as a Avenger and S.H.I.E.L.D agent. It's not any of the team's fault. It's my choice and I just feel like I want to maybe retire or just relax for the rest of my life. I hope you can replace me with someone better and not a burden like me :).

Love, Y/n M/n L/n.

The letter for the team and Natasha

To the team,

I will be resigning from the Avengers and SHIELD to retire or relax for the rest of my life. I just feel like if I resign and retire, I wouldn't be a burden to anyone. It's not any of your fault, I chose this decision and I hope you guys find a better and less clumsy avenger than me :D.

Love, Y/n ❤️

———————————

I inserted the letters into envelopes and I placed the team's one on my desk and put Fury's letter into my jacket pocket. 

I walked to my closet, took out all my clothes and folded them into my suitcases. I took a one good look at Natasha and I's shared room for one last time. I dragged my suitcases into the elevator and pressed on 'Garage' since I knew that nobody would be there to stop me.

The elevator doors opened and I walked to the garage door to open it. I got into my car and started my engine. Then I remembered, there was a tracking device attached to my car. I remembered it was somewhere on the console so I moved my hands around to see if I can feel it. I felt a little bump and I knew it was the tracking device so I used all my force and ripped it out. 

I was right. It was the tracking device. I opened the garage and drove out but before driving out completely, I threw the tracking device in there and also drove out. Before the garage door closed fully, I threw my keys to the avengers compound into the garage.

I thought for a moment and drove to the house that nobody knew about besides me.

Meanwhile..

Natasha's POV

I was standing on the balcony admiring the view, anger slowly faded from my eyes and I realized what I have done.

Y/n always had insecurities about her being a burden and I would always promise her that she isn't a burden and I would never ever even call her a burden or even think about her as a burden.

But I just had a full on rant about her being a burden to the avengers and how she should leave.

I realized my mistake and ran to the bedroom to see half of the items completely gone. I opened the closet, her clothes gone. I looked at her desk, her items gone but there was a note.

I went over to her desk, picked up the note and opened it.

I read it fully over and over again to see if my mind was playing tricks on me and it wasn't. For the first time in my life, I've wanted my mind to play tricks on me.

I ran to the lounge and the team's heads turned to me. Their faces morphed into anger which I assume they heard the argument. 

"Y/n left!" I breathed out.

"What?!" Wanda exclaimed.

Part 2? :D