# # _ nine .

it has been a year since the last time draken was able to see Mikey, and he never thought he'd see him in this state. he look horrible, to the point where he could only think about getting him fixed, it somehow made him want to turn back Mikey to who he suppose to be, but that'll be hard, especially when he himself distance his self to almost everyone other than the people his close to right now.

of course he had always wished for Mikey to have a happy life, he deserves it a lot. but this horrible world just ruins it. it must be destiny, he had lost so much up until now.

"Mikey"

"kenchin, what are you doing here?" his voice was cold, it feels like he's talking to a whole new Mikey. but he knows deep inside, there's still the old Mikey he knows, draken knows that Mikey is silently screaming for help.

it may not be visible but he's sure about it, because that's just how Mikey is.

he knows him better than anyone, better than the bonten executives knows him. they still got to know Mikey more.

draken took a seat on a chair as he look at the white haired man in front of him "inupi, took a little girl who got shot. I suppose she's someone related to you?" he stated.

mikey's expression remained the same, it's useless to keep it a secret now, cats already out of the bag. "she's my daughter" said him.

"I know, I had known from the start" draken responded. truth be told, he had stayed with emiko until she gave birth to such a lovely angel, and it pained him so much how he could only watch the woman as her life slowly ended.

Mikey did wondered how he know about it, but instead of asking further more question, he remained silent. however draken knows that he wants to know why he knows that eimí was his daughter. "emiko stayed with us, when she was pregnant, with her older brother of course"

"kaito?"

draken nodded his head. "you know it was really hard for her to carry a child by herself without a father role beside her. I can't blame her nor can I blame you tho, she decided to leave you after all. didn't she?" he said.

he does not know the real reason why emiko decided to leave Mikey. and maybe that made Mikey to who he is now. "I myself have no idea why she left you"

"but all I can say is that, you have to take care of your daughter"

"I am" he answered. draken only showed him a serious expression. "is this how you take care of your daughter, Mikey?" he asked.

"in what way are you taking care of her? she got shot, and almost died. is that someone does when they take care of somebody?" his question left Mikey silent. he doesn't know his self, he keeps telling his self that he's protecting his daughter, or he's just trying to say that. he sometimes thought that his neglecting his role as a father more.

he's focusing on his works more than to watch over his own daughter.

to be honest, he himself wasn't ready to have a child. it just happened, he can't even remember what exactly happened when emiko was still around him, his memory was foggy, he can't remember everything clearly.

it's more like he's refusing to remember everything.

it's his way to avoid pain.

to avoid reality.

"why did you hide yourself in the first place? why did you made yourself into a criminal Mikey?"

"that's none of your business now, kenchin"

"right, it's not... do you think I'm gonna leave it that way Mikey?! it's always like this, you're trying to avoid everything, if you ever need someone to lean on, then lean on me! ain't I your friend?!