Chapter 2

18 Years Later...

Seth POV:

The wind blows the elm seeds onto my roof and deck, whispering to me that it's time to rise and shine. However, as the world is awaiting the sun to rise, my world is also awaiting me to pick up. Just as the sun stirs and peeks its head out from underneath the blanket of the night sky, I rouse and peek my head out from behind the daffodil petal.

My hand brushes my hair away and finds pods on the edges that I'm insisting are from my stepbrother Roman, who might be waiting for me outside. I yawn and rub the sleep out of my eyes before getting up from the daffodil petals and letting my beautiful wings appear.

They are gorgeous. Maybe it's my conceit, but I'm sure they are delicate. Admiring my wings, I touch them gently and smile at them. Stretching my arms slightly, I make my way out and fly over to the elm tree to give a grand appearance. Sliding my legs down on the branch, I sit beside Roman and pat him on the shoulder to alert my presence. "Hey, it's showtime!"

"Hey," He looks back at me and smiles, providing me a hug.

After that, we hold our hands together and stare at the horizon, admiring the sunrise. In an instant, the sun is ready to embrace the world again. With its arms spread wide open, the sun gently kisses the horizon and releases its beautiful display of strength and splendor for all to enjoy.

As the sun does its way higher into the sky, all the fairies leave their houses and start wandering around busily. It's usual, but my brother trying to leave me now is somewhat different. Usually, we both would stroll around the fairyland and make the day a good one. But I guess something is off now.

"Where are you going without me?" I ask, holding his hand tightly and keeping him with me.

"Vacation!" He grins, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and leading me to the willow tree where every significant event scroll is pinned on the branches from Godmother. "I got an invitation to wander around Scotland for the next few months!"

"What?!" My eyes widen when I hear that. I wish to cut my ears which have heard the worst words from him. How can I stay without him, huh? There's no option in hell. Godmother shouldn't do something like that because I'm her favorite. I glance over at the willow tree and bite my lip worriedly. I was positive that my name would pin on one of the scrolls, too.

Nodding my head gently, I hover over the willow tree and check each scroll to find my name

Nodding my head gently, I hover over the willow tree and check each scroll to find my name. I get frustrated when I figure out that my name is missing. If I need to stay here, he will stay here with me no matter what. Wanting to convince him, I bat my eyelashes and grab his hand gently. "Hmm... I'm happy for you. But how can you stay without me, huh? Who will give you company if I'm not with you?" I try to change his mind while rubbing his knuckles sweetly.

"We!" The Bella twins interrupt and hold his arms on either side while giggling. "We'll give him company as much as we are there with him. So don't worry about your brother, Seth." They try to cheer me, not knowing my exact mood. "Now, I guess we have to pack our necessary things before leaving." They appreciate him and try to take him away from me.

As he's about to leave, I grab his hand and give him a worried look. "No one can fulfill my spot in your life just like you're to me."

"I know." He pulls me against him and soothes my back, trying to comfort me. "But you know I can't refuse the order of Godmother. It's my first vacation that she has insisted on putting faith in me, so I have to prove my worth on it. If you're well enough to handle great things, Godmother will promote you to the next level. Until then, you have to wait."

Wait!

The word sticks in my mind and irritates me, not wanting to appreciate it. My mind becomes fuzzy as Roman gives me a last hug and presses a kiss on my cheek. It means I'm going to miss him for the next few months. No! Never. I can't stay without him. I stare at him in utter inconvenience as he goes with Bella twins for loading his things.

Shaking my head violently, I fly over to the pixie forest to convince Godmother. I know she will offer me to go with my brother or make him stay with me once hearing my view. When I'm reaching my destination, I get attracted by its nature, so I wander around the forest until noon and spell magic on each flower, playing with it.

I'm too mesmerized by the beauty of the forest, so nothing gets into my mind certainly until my stomach grumbles and makes me remember that it's lunchtime

I'm too mesmerized by the beauty of the forest, so nothing gets into my mind certainly until my stomach grumbles and makes me remember that it's lunchtime. Oh, shit! How did I forget? It's hard to believe that I have forgotten about my arrival.

Slapping my head frustratedly, I arrive fast at the pixie hills and kneel in front of it. The place looks beyond beautiful while splashing the pixie dust. Smiling softly, I place my hand on my chest and spell magic to greet Godmother.

At the moment, the world around me stops working, including my breath. A glow of energy encircles me and brings warmth to my body that I can't feel. It's all because my soul has left my body already to visit my heart wherever it is.

When I find my heart in a glowing jar, I can visualize my hand on it. As I can feel it beating, the pixie dust pours on me and brings the soul back to my body. I let out a harsh breath and squint my eyes rapidly, trying to regain control of my body.

"Seth," My eyes flicker back to the pixie dust and figure out that Godmother is appearing from there. She's throwing her arms in the air and spilling magic powers everywhere to reflect her presence. Her smile lights the whole fairyland when she guesses the reason for my arrival. "Hmm, I guess my fairy baby has grown up, so he wants to join his brother on vacation. Right?"

"Yeah," I giggle excitedly. "You know Roman can't do anything properly without me, so I have decided to go with him." I bat my eyelashes at her and try to convince her. "Please, let me go... I predict I should go with him for this vacation."

"Then go!" She grins, throwing her hands in the air and appreciating me. Is it this much easy to convince her? Never! I knew I could convince her, but not this simple before. Maybe many surprises are waiting for me in the adjacent future.

"Ta." I throw myself at her and give her an enormous hug, pressing my lips on her cheek. I step away from her and grin widely before turning to leave, but she grabs my hand and places a scroll on the palm, which has my name on it. I stare at her and put my hand on my chest, feeling grateful for everything. A smile screws on my lips when I realize Scotland is waiting for me as well, along with other fairies!