Chapter 8

Seth POV:

I'm still staring at the doorway with a lot of questions in my mind. I try not to give a shit about any of them, but I can't. It's all for what? I don't know. But I'm sure about one thing that my mind is sticking to the moment shared with Dean earlier. It keeps tormenting me. For all the horrible things he's said and done, something stirs me awake and brings an uncomfortable feeling that I've never experienced. I don't know whether it's all good or not.

I snap out of my thoughts to something warm settling over my shoulder. I blink my eyes open to mere slits, still pretty exhausted. I can't remember what has even happened, and I'm so out of it until Edge comes into my view with a gentle smile on his face. I'm still curious about how he has gotten the worst brother in the world. Does it matter now?

"Nah!" My brain is saying it out loud without realizing it. I look up with a mix of terror and shock as he tilts his head up to look at me, the words dying on my lips as I stare at him. "Ugh... I'm sorry. I-I.." The words trail off as I scrub a hand through my long brown curls and give him a dull look.

He puts the tray on the coffee table that has carried the items of pancakes with real maple syrup, bacon, eggs, and a glass of orange juice and then looks at me curiously. "What? Did anything happen while I was out there?" He cares that he's missed anything. Shit, he's actually looking forward to my response.

I open my mouth to say something, eyes looking at him up and down a little more critically, but I never get to speak my words because a large hand lay on my shoulder, and I look over it to see him standing near my feet. Shaking my head, I say quite simply. "No." My breath is ceasing in my throat and I barely notice his concern.

He seems to pick up on my mentality and, thank God, doesn't address it any further immediately. After a moment of silence, he begins to approach me again. "Looks like you're bothering about something."

My palms begin to sweat, and my breath halt at just the comment. I already know there's no chance on earth that I can say the right thing. "I.. I.." I'm losing for words. There is no excuse that I will cover up with a lie because we, the fairies, will never prefer a lie. It's against our rules. Even evil fairies will never consider a lie. So not wanting to sound like a lie, I shrug my shoulders. There's no answer.

He sits on the couch next to me and puts his hand on my back, rubbing it with his large hand for a moment as if he's trying to soothe me. It works; it convinces me to give in slowly. "Relax. You don't need to say anything that you're not comfortable with. Eat." He takes the tray and places it on my lap.

I nod and turn to give him a small smile before putting my attention on the tray and examining the items. I will take the pancakes and orange juice. I inhale the smell of pancakes and swallow it down my throat when my eyes freeze at it. I lick my lips and stuff my mouth with a piece of pancake, devouring them quickly.

"I haven't seen you here. Are you new to this place?" He asks, watching me with something like concern and curiosity meshed into one expression. It makes me feel a little less unsure.

"Y-Yeah." I stutter, grabbing the glass of orange juice and taking a sip. My voice is still shaking and not doing what I want. "I came here yesterday followed by my brother and friends." I sigh, what I won't give for his soothing touch right now. Just his hand rubbing my back is all that makes me calm down. Because it almost gives an exact feeling that I've got from my brother.

"Following?!" He looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

Quickly, I nod without considering anything. "Yeah." I don't know why I'm not shutting my mouth wherever it's necessary. I'm looking at the door like I will run out there any second, and in case he says no, I don't mind. I put the plate away and give Edge a thanking look for filling up my belly. And considering the food, it tasted good. "I gotta go," I add rapidly because I want to escape from this situation. It's not lying, not really.

No one ever tells people everything. It doesn't mean that I don't trust him, just that I don't want to have to deal with his concern on top of everything else. Without waiting for his response, I rush out of his house and jump into the street. It's not time to worry about unwanted things anymore. I have work, and that's finding my brother and friends in this Scotland. I sigh and rub my hands over my face.

Edge POV:

My gaze travels up from the spot I've been intently staring at in the doorway where I'm currently leaning against. I don't realize that I'm being so quiet. But I have a nagging thought in the back of my mind the whole time. I blow a gust of air out of my mouth and shake my head when Dean's car pulls into the driveway. My mind keeps repeating to me to ask what's bugging me, but I'm not sure about confronting him. What will I do now?

I snap out of my thoughts when he places his hand on my chest and shoves me away out of the path. It's getting too much day by day. As much as I try not to fight with him, he's trying to break my patience. "Dean," I yell, wanting to talk to him, anyway. It's necessary, though.

He stops in his tracks and turns to look at me, surprised. "Did you call me?"

"Yes," I respond immediately, trying hard not to punch the smug look on his face. I have absolutely zero interest in sharing my sources. Instead, I glare at him, the fury radiating off of me in waves. "What had you done to my guest? Why was he terrified when I approached him?" I ask, wanting to know what has happened. It's not right to scare the shit out of someone by inviting them home.

"I did nothing to your guest. And I'd no need for that." He shrugs off his shoulders. It doesn't seem to be the truth. Lying is second nature to him, and he should add it to the shortlist of things about himself. He grabs a glass of leftover orange juice that Seth has left and drinks it wholly, ignoring my protests. Usually, he would do things willingly that I didn't want him to do. He puts the glass back on the coffee table and instincts his last point. "Maybe he would terrify by seeing your ghost figure."

My eyes narrow even more. "Shut up. You really expect me to believe you never scared that kid?" I fold my arms over my chest. I feel myself getting angry again, even knowing that it isn't the best course of action. What can I do if I have the worst brother like him?

"I'm not asking you to believe me. Do I?" He pokes a finger into my chest. "I don't need your trust to survive in this world. Because I don't depend on you or anybody." He says, storming his way up to the stairs.

I can't believe that he's not up to something. It's not his character. I don't believe him. I ball my fists up by my sides and shout behind him, hoping he'll listen to all my words. "If you scare him, I'll knock your teeth down your throat," I growl at his uncaring behavior and kick my foot against the floor. "Fuck!" It's not what I want to deal with right now. I have enough shit to sort out without him being all over my fucking case.

As I tangle up in my thoughts, the air drifts some words into my ear and makes me listen to them. "Well, what's that pretty guy's name?" I'm not aware of where those words have come from. I mess up with myself and stare at nothing in particular, losing my mind.

Without any second thought, I respond and spill the guy's name. "Seth Rollins!" It takes a few moments for me to realize what I've done. Oh, shit! I don't realize that it is Dean's voice. I consider the question to understand what I've answered. It shouldn't have happened.

I try to argue with him about his intention, but he waves off and gets into his room. "What the-" I can't help but slap my hand on my head. I don't understand what, but something sparks in him today. But there is one thing that I can understand. I'm sure as hell he likes that feeling. I can't lie this makes my heart beat harder.

Something swells up in my heart at his intention, something I'm not expecting and something I certainly won't willingly admit to. How will Seth figure out my brother's intention when he's far too immature to understand the consequences of getting into the lunatic's eyes? Is it smooth? Or is there more to the story?