Chapter 4

Seth POV:

By the time I arrive in this new land, everything around me has darkened except the shimmering lights of the sky. Calming my nerves, I clench my eyes closed and encourage myself to handle all the things coming on my way without fear. As I wish with all my might, I release my vision to the stars above and watch them shine with such passion and love. A genuine smile curls on my lips now at whatever thought continuing in my mind.

Getting into the mission, I glance around and admire the buildings, which have illuminated by lights. I chuckle at how tall it all is. Is it all the buildings in here this tall, huh? Maybe. As I'm looking down, I find the cars slide through the dark and then disappear again into the dark comers of the night. Isn't it a little scary?

Oh, shit! I should have found my brother soon instead of wondering about the buildings and cars. Using my spells rapidly, I figure out the direction where my brother and friends will be now. I begin to fly around, whispering to myself about when to take a turn and where. I'm not entirely comfortable with the surroundings, and I seem like I have lost in the middle of the night.

When I realize many people are wandering around here and there, I land on the ground and hide my wings to keep my supernatural abilities a secret. I know walking with legs will take me a long time to get back to Roman, but I have no other choice now. What if...

Shit! I have gotten into my head too much and haven't been paying attention to the directions that I need to. Now I'm in a darkened section between some buildings that I don't know. Except for my glowing nature, there's nothing to keep this place a little bright. I look all around me, trying to identify the buildings when I hear someone talking nearby.

I panic at first, afraid that maybe I'm going to be mugged or something. And then, I calm myself down and realize that this can be an opportunity for me to wander around in front of humans and handle huge things without panicking about anything.

Whispering the spells under my breath, I visualize where my brother is now. Numerous fireflies appear suddenly and show the direction of where I can hear someone talking. Nodding my head, I follow the sound of the voice and turn the corner to see two people faintly in the dim moonlight.

One person is leaning against the building, and the other is crouching on the ground. I can see the glow of what appears to be a cigarette in the hand of the person standing. What are they doing late at this night? Do they lose just like me? Maybe. If my brother was here, it would be a great help for all three of us.

I creep closer to the individuals quietly, deciding to cross them as usual. I'm a fairy, and I have great powers, but I'm not in the mood to help others now. Once I'm closer to them, I can hear the threatening sound of a man, and it suddenly dawns on me what is going on before my eyes.

The guy standing against the wall clutches the hair of the person on the ground, who appears to be a woman, kneeling before him and begging him. My breath hitches and scares the shit out of me. Should I leave or stay here to help her?

My brain insists on me leaving, but my feet aren't ready to happen the violation before me. I move closer, sliding along the side of the building and making sure to stay in the shadows. I can make out the soft words of the man leaning against the wall.

"Oh, it hurts you. Right?" The man tugs the woman's hair violently and makes her glance up. "The same I felt when you insulted me in my house. You're my brother's other girlfriend. That doesn't mean you have a right to me. I could knock your teeth earlier, but I didn't want to create another drama in front of my family. Not again!"

"Please, forgive me. I'll never get in your eyes again." She begs him with tears in her eyes.

He pulls her up and stands face-to-face with her before wiping her tears away. He then gives a hard slap to her face and warns her rudely, "Not again!"

With that, I cover my mouth with my hand and stare at them. The girl cups her cheek and nods at him before escaping from the place. How rude he is! I hate him. Is every man around here have the same character as him?

"Did you be the significant witness to the drama, sunshine?" I'm startled by the man's voice, which is aimed directly at me. Fuck! I have been caught. I want to run away, but my body feels frozen. I try to speak instead, but stammer, unable to form complete words.

The man slowly approaches me and stops rapidly, still a few meters away. He has delicately illuminated by the moonlight, and I recognize that his hair is on the shaggy side and a dirty blond color. "Sunshine? You tongue-tied? What're you doing out this late and here in a dark part of the path, anyway? Did you run away from home?"

The man begins to move forward again, and he gets close enough for me to see his sly smile. I know I'm in danger now. I have to get out of here before this stranger tries anything. I turn on my heel and start to run. Where, I have no idea, but I know I have to get away from him. I run blindly until I get into the empty street.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I turn around to check on him before spelling magic and letting my wings appear. When I hear the man appeal to me a few distances away, I flutter my wings and fly quickly, not sure if I'm going the right way, but hoping that as long as I keep flying, I can eventually get back to somewhere and figure out how to reach my brother.