Chapter 9

Dean POV:

I throw my jacket away and lay on the bed on my back with open arms, staring at the ceiling. I'm exhausted, but the nap that I'll take usually does not come this time, and it's not because of my brother's shouting from downstairs. It's all because of the young man with the most adorable brown eyes I've ever seen and the cutest nasal voice that I've ever heard.

Yeah... It's Seth who's keeping me tossing and turning all now, which causes enough commotion to wake up even my poor heart. My heart, which has never trembled before, is struggling now. My heart, which has never flown before, is soaring now. I don't know why this is, but I like it. There's a change in the clime, and it's precious as a pearl ticking this time.

My heart is throbbing hard, but my mind can't find the right word. The only thing in my view is an image of Seth. Sighing loudly, I roll onto my side and beg my eyes to take some rest, but they protest. Time passes in a flash and slashes my back like a whiplash. The puzzle pieces in my brain click together and create a complete picture of him lying on top of me with a cute, innocent smile on his face.

A blush creeps on my cheeks as I realize the complete picture signifies I like him. Not just a friendship or a brother-like, but like I want to kiss him and hold him close and want to know just what lay under all those clothes, to taste the salty tang of his skin...

I get up rapidly and slap my chest playfully while encouraging it to do something that I'm wishing for. "Oh my heart, I grant you permission that you can love Seth and dream of him to any extent." Just like he has stolen my heart, I'll steal his heart somehow. I'm surprised by myself because, in a matter of seconds, he's cast a spell, changing me forever.

Well, I like it, anyway. The conditions of my heart changed when Seth invaded my life on his own. Just like that, I will invade his life in my style and steal his heart, as I have promised. He's a feather for me to have on, so I want to know what it'll be like to have him, hug him, kiss him, fuck him... What will my heart think now?

Whatever it might be but that thought excites me. I want someone to pinch me so badly to make sure it's all true. Hearing my wish, God grants his service. "Ouch!" I whine and rub my aching arm while glaring at the unwanted person in my room. What the hell he's doing here? And whom did he get permission to pinch me?

"Don't play with this kid thing just like you do with my other friends. I'll never shut this time." Edge warns by showing an accusing finger at me to punctuate his point. It irritates me because he's not Seth's relation that I need to care about. And it's not his job to guard him while I'm alive. If anything, I will take care of it.

Rolling my eyes, I grab my jacket and slip it over my shoulders with one thing on my mind, and that's to ignore him and do what I'm planning. I walk over to the mirror and look at myself while ruffling my hair. It's all I do to irritate him, not with any interest. When I feel that it's enough and he's not worth my time, I take my car keys from the table and leave my room. I have many things to do than hear his lecture.

Seth POV:

Running barefoot into streams and spinning circles through the fields, I chase the fireflies which direct me to my brother and friends. It's taking an endless ride, but I don't care. I need to find them before the end of the day, or my situation will pass even worse. Thinking about it, I feel exhausted, so I sigh loudly and climb a tree to rest a bit until it's dawn.

When it's time, glowing bright orange in the sky has surrounded by magnificent colors. It's usual, but each day it feels different. I awake with it and watch the clouds calmly, which stirs the emotions in me growing. It's all new to me. Worrying with so many emotions to care for someone. I haven't used to this feeling before but now each day without my family... I don't know how to explain my feeling. It hurts.

Painfully, I jump down from the tree and hide my wings before starting my journey with a song on the tip of my tongue. Between singing and magic, I haven't noticed that I'm in a less wealthy part of town now. It isn't the worst part of the city, but my parents will never allow me around here alone.

My eyes are sharp to protect myself from humans as I'm going left and right. I look up at the tall buildings, which are reaching into the sky, and figure it out. Even though it must be past ten o'clock, many people are on the sidewalks. The homeless are still begging for some money here and there. Young adults with way too big clothes are hanging around, drinking beer while keeping their eyes open for police cars.

Curiously, I keep watching the people and taking in their activities. Some little boys are in the sandbox of the small playground a couple of meters away and trying to make what looks like a tiny fire. It's interesting, really. Walking on the street, I look up at the sky and occasionally catch a glimpse of a star or two where the light from the city hasn't faded the sky brown.

When a car's headlights catch on me on a turn, I don't pay much attention. Cars are a nuisance at worst when I'm walking, and most pass me right on by. It's new, though, that the car slows down just before it reaches me, coming to a near stop to keep pace. The window rolls down, and I glance toward it curiously without stopping my walk.

"Sunshine?" The voice is familiar and brings a halt to my breathing. It's unexpected, so I don't want to think about it. But fate plans something interesting that I need to care about. About my heart! If I had a heart in my chest, I was sure it would beat a million miles a minute. And I never want to feel that thing. I close my eyes and bite my lip nervously, not knowing what to do. I get a weird vibe about this whole thing, and it doesn't fit right. Why on earth is this happening to me when I have no help?