Chapter 7

Seth POV:

For a second time, I don't realize that I've been staring until a pair of eyes twinkle excitedly to lock with mine. I look away as quickly as possible, but I know the stranger is still staring at me. By the time I build up the courage to look at him again, he and the other guys have moved toward me with some intention in their minds. It seems like I'm getting trapped in this big house. Even though the place is gorgeous, it feels like a haunted mansion to me now.

Swallowing hard, I gaze into the man who's going to change my life forever. I can't believe that he's here, inches away from me. I can't speak, can't move, can't do anything but stare. The nightmare of my life is here, in this house. "I-I.." I stutter, not knowing how to approach him because he's a bad guy, and I've witnessed it on my very first day on the darkened path.

Edge pats my shoulder and gets my attention, nodding at me. "Hey, calm down." He then turns to glare at that guy before returning his gaze to me and stroking my cheek gently. "I know." He drags me to the couch and lets me sit on it, trying to comfort me. "Nothing will happen to you, I promise. You seem hungry, so sit here quietly, and I'll bring something for you to eat."

I feel anxious because someone's piercing gaze is still on me. Biting my lip nervously, I grab Edge's wrist as he's about to leave me with this lunatic alone. Yeah... His friend Drew has bustled with the phone outside since we arrived here. It means I'll be alone with the awful guy if Edge is not here. "It's fine. I-I don't want to eat now." I smile weakly and point the blue-eyed man at him, wanting to know the relationship between them. "Who's he?" I'm surprised at how smoothly the words pass over my lips.

"He's Dean Ambrose, my younger brother." He mumbles, stroking his forehead irritatedly. "Nothing to worry about." He adds quickly before exchanging a conversation with his eyes and shaking his head at him.

While they're making a silent conversation, I try to sort out the things happening in my life for a couple of days. It seems all mystery to me even though it's awful. I don't appreciate any of it. I don't mean for any of this to happen, but it doesn't make it any better. I feel I don't get a break. It's like the floodgates are opening up.

"Mind if I sit here?" A familiar raspy voice asks, trying to bring me back to reality. "Kind of need a space beside you."

I twitch and blink my eyes rapidly, recognizing that voice anywhere. Slowly, I glance up and connect with the deep blue eyes of Dean. For my part, I look utterly speechless, unable to formulate the words for the utter shock at what is happening. Then I realize that I'm alone with him! What? Alone!

His mouth moves synchronized, and I can't make the words clear. "Sunshine?" He asks again, hitting me this time in the arm slightly to jostle me out of my open-mouthed staring.

I give a quick shake and blink my eyes a few times before directing my soft gaze at him and trying to handle the situation. "What?"

"Oh, nothing.." He cajoles innocently, a devilish grin beginning to light up his face. "Just figured you didn't want to catch flies in your mouth with how wide your jaw was open."

"Ugh.." I trail off, my cheeks lighting up in a furious shade of red, but I don't deny that I'm staring. I watch as he shrugs, his shoulders giving a twitch that can have easily been a sign of indifference.

"Move over," He says, sitting down next to me on the couch.

I try to give enough room for him on the couch, but somehow the whole side of my body is crushed up against him. I can't help but spell magic under my breath and check him out of wanting to know about him. I guess he's a couple of years older, a little taller, and broader than me. Hell, I almost lose my mind at this point, and I turn to him as though attracted to a magnet.

He turns his body toward me and grins widely, crowding me even more. I feel as though I'm being pushed against the arm of the couch. "See something you like?" He says in a tone that suggests he doesn't expect a response.

I snap out of my staring fit, closing my mouth with an audible thud. "What?"

"See something you like? You keep staring at me like I'm a ghost or something. I can't be that ugly, can I?" He enunciates his first sentence slowly as if I'm a five-year-old. He braces an elbow against the back of the couch, moving in even closer to me until we're almost sharing the same breathing space.

"Not ugly at all," I whisper, swallowing thickly. My eyes dart to the way his neck muscles pull when he tilts his head.

He doesn't seem to care that I'm barely able to answer, and he's leaning against the couch, studying my face closely. "You're so pretty," He says, but this time his voice is soft, almost reverential, as he gazes up at me.

The air around me suddenly feels all too hot, and I can feel a blush creeping up alongside my chest until it covers my cheeks. It's weird in a way that I've never experienced, so I feel helpless to do anything. He does something and talks about something that I've never imagined hearing in my life, so I watch him in awe, saying nothing. Without even realizing it, I plant a hand in the center of his chest as though to hold him back from getting any closer. "Please, brother.."

To my surprise, he doesn't swat at my hand or say anything about it. He leans back a little and shifts his head to get a glimpse of me. "Brother?"

"Ugh!" I swallow hard and try to react to something, but I can't. I swift my glances all around, trying to ignore him, but he doesn't let me. My breath catches in my throat, and a buzzing begins to take over my sense when he touches my face softly.

I flinch back like I get burned because I'm not expecting the touch. I don't know what Dean wants from me. If he confronts his desire, I'll use my power and grant him the wish to escape from him. Encouraging me slightly, I sigh and glance down submissively. "What do you want me to do to you?" I look up and open my mouth to respond, to tell him what I've already said once, but stop when I notice a surprised grin on his face.

"That was a rhetorical question, sunshine." He says before wrapping an arm around my waist and lowering his head to get into a better position. "I'm going to do whatever I want to you." His hand cups my cheek and caresses it gently, trying to feel the softness of my skin. "What am I going to do with you, hmm?" His voice is gravelly and distant, almost like he's talking to himself.

He smirks and looks into my eyes, which I'm blinking rapidly in fear of having him. His rough fingers are still caressing my face before pinching my cheek. "You have to figure it out." He withdraws his hand instantly, his fist clenching, before putting his hand down again.

Finally, he stands up and takes off outside. Pausing in the doorway, he turns to look back at me and checks me out shamelessly. "I figured out what to do to you. Now you figure out what I'm going to do to you!" With that, he winks and blows a kiss at me before disappearing through the door.

Still confused, I sit on the couch dumbly; my mouth is opening and closing as my brain is struggling to catch up on what he has meant. Placing my hands on my chest, I take a deep breath and try to calm my nerves. My whole body lights up suddenly and passes energy to all my nerves, figuring out something I can't recognize. Ignoring everything, I'm looking at the doorway where he disappeared a few minutes ago and recalling his words. What is he going to do to me?