Chapter 6

Seth POV:

I follow the guys out of the wood with so many thoughts in my mind. I don't know why I'm going with them, but I guess it will create another path I have to hang on to. I glance up at them and notice they are chatting about something serious as they turn to look back at me, eventually. Their eyes show that they're making sure I'm safe and sound behind them. How lovely they are!

With a glorious smile on my face, I swirl my fingers along the way and let all the flowers bloom. The smell of it calms my nerves and brings pleasure to me. However, I take some time to stop eventually and smell the flowers. I don't want to hurry past the things that make life beautiful.

Before my life runs down to a few precious hours, I like to share life with the things I love. They are very special to me because they're watching how I survive in this world, so I have to make sure that I share my time with them as much as possible.

Once I reach the guys' car, Edge turns to give me a small smile and scratches the back of his neck. "Hmm... Get in the car." He says nervously and opens the door, guiding me to get in the backseat. The small space gives me a spooky feeling, so I hesitate to get in until he places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes it gently. "Don't get scared. Nothing bad will happen to you because of us, I promise."

Nodding my head slowly, I get into the small uncomfortable space and lean against the window, staring outside the surroundings. However, as I try, I can't survive in this small space. I knock on the window and get his attention, signaling him to at least roll down the glass. "Please.."

He smiles and gets in the car with his friend, turning back enough to slide the glass down. He then glances at me and raises an eyebrow at me. "Are you comfortable now?"

"Yeah," I whisper, running my fingers through my two-toned hair and straightening it.

Edge's eyes stare into my face for a few moments before his friend gets his attention and slaps on his back. He turns to glare at him and shoves him away before starting the engine and moving the vehicle. The wind blows at my face heavily as the car goes fast. It feels something different. And I can identify the difference between flying inside and outside in the wind.

My attention turns toward them when they discuss something. I hear their conversation carefully and try to spend my time on it for a few minutes. If I understand their problem, I may help them just as they help me. By listening, I figure out that Edge's girlfriend has broken up with him without any reason. I feel sorry for him. I don't understand the strategy of love. How could a girl break someone's heart like him?

As my eyes avert to move away, it lands on the picture of his phone's home screen. It has an image of him wrapping his arms around the waist of a girl. Something is bothering me as I glance at it. My eyes halt at the picture of a girl and try to recall her from somewhere. Yeah... It's her!

My eyes widen when I remember where I've seen her. My fingers twirl automatically and tap on Drew's shoulder, pointing at the phone in his hand that is checking the messages of his friend. Swallowing hard, I tap on the screen and point at the girl's face. "I saw her last night. Some guy hurt her and demanded to break up with Edge."

"It must be him!" Edge says simply, turning the steering wheel smoothly and getting onto the highway. He then glances at me in the front mirror and smiles at me softly. "Where do you want to go?"

I turn my face back on him and hesitate, "I-I don't know." Playing with my fingers unknowingly, I stare at my palm and spell magic under my breath before rubbing it gently. It shows a visual of Roman sleeps at somewhere, mostly like... I don't know. I look up at Edge and struggle to explain what's on my mind. "Hmm... Please drop me where everyone will sleep usually." I yawn and lean my head against the window, hoping that I'll find my brother soon.

He chuckles and glances at his friend before staring at me in the front mirror. "You need a bed to sleep in now."

"Nah," I jolt awake from my thoughts and try to explain to him what I'm saying, but he doesn't leave any room for discussion and keeps going on where he has planned. Feeling defeated, I lean back on the headrest and close my eyes to recall what I have seen on my palm.

A few minutes later, I blink awake and jump slightly when I feel a slightly familiar touch on my shoulder. Oh, shit! It's the Edge guy again. Taking a deep breath, I run my fingers through my hair and smoothen the edges carefully before putting a slight smile on my face. I get out of the car slowly and glance up at the vast building in front of me. Why did he take me here?

"Edge, wh-" The words stop in my throat when I feel a pleasant smell coming from the garden. I turn on my heel to walk over, but he blocks my way and guides me inside. I have an uneasy feeling, however, as if everything seems amiable. Call it whatever anyone wants. I know it isn't a place that I have to be now...

I get distracted by the sudden noise that is coming from the ceiling. I glance up and admire the chandelier that looks glassy. How it looks if the lights are on? Suddenly, the beautiful chandelier burns, all fire without I'm using my magic. Each of its flames kindles a sensual fever, a lascivious urge. Who did the pretty thing even before my thought was over?

Smiling brightly, my gaze drops and settles onto the man who's hanging on the stairs and beaming at me. The light in my face dims instantly when I gaze into the electric blue eyes that the guy possesses. They are nothing short of beautiful. It does something to me. My eyes linger over him and wonder at the messy auburn curls covering his head and hanging down into his eyes a bit. It recalls someone to me whom I've met in this place already. And who?