Chapter 10

Dean POV:

Luck is favorable to me now. I have found my total package without praying. And it's pretty outstanding. There's nothing in this world that I need to worry about keeping myself busy while the settlement of my life has gotten into my eyes. Grinning widely, I keep a slow pace and roll down the car's window to get a better view of Seth. "Sunshine?" The name that I have used to call him is perfectly fixed to him because he's shining like a sun even at night.

He stuns in place and closes his eyes, thinking about something while biting his lip. There should be a remarkable thing going in his head about how to escape from me. He can try that I'm really appreciated, but he can't get away from me until I show pity on him. Deciding to ignore me, he takes a deep breath and continues what he's getting interrupted by my approach. It doesn't anger me because he walks like the dewdrops, and paradise seems to move with his feet.

There are many people in this world, but our heart falls in love with only one. It wants to live with them at least once. In my life, he's the only one who makes my soul quiver. I want him to see me get lost in him, so I pull all my thoughts together to get along with him. Reaching my hand out, I slap his shoulder and get his attention. "Don't walk like that. It's killing people." I flash a smirk at him, and he doesn't miss the innuendo hinting in my voice.

He looks sardonically down at his own feet, then back to my face, which is peering out the window at him. "What?"

"Bring your mouth and grab my words with a kiss if you don't hear me." My words are like a streak of lightning as he sweeps me up with his glance. Really, he's pulling me toward him by casting a spell on me. There is no way that I can stop falling for him. I'll go to bow down to his beauty for the rest of my life once I claim him.

His eyebrows pull together in confusion, not piecing together what I'm saying. When it hits him, he glares at me and mutters something under his breath. It doesn't bother me a little. Maybe he's casting another spell on me. There's a chance for that. Shaking his head, he sighs like I'm trying his patience. What a drama queen!

He shuts his eyes for a bit to take a deep breath and continues walking. Still, it didn't anger me because sometimes the flowers would show their pride, but when they fragranced, they could be seen. He does his own thing without caring about me and swirls his fingers on his side while the fireflies hover over his hand. It seems like time is going by slowly, just what I hope it is, and when it comes around, the fireflies are like a bee to honey with him.

When he realizes that I'm coming behind him at the distance of his shadow, his fingers stop swirling and clench into a fist. He turns to look at me and asks through gritted teeth. "Why do you follow me?"

"To steal your heart!" I reply matter-of-factly. I want to rip his heart out of his chest, the way he's ripped mine out. I'm not sure that I even have one anymore, though.

He opens and closes his mouth a few times like he's trying to say something, but apparently, he's been stunned in silence and shaken his head.

As the wind blow at my face, my blue orbs look around the area for a moment and get a weird vibe somehow. I then glance back at Seth, who's still walking, and wonder how he might fit in a place like this. There's no way for that. I should protect what's mine, so I keep a pretty good pace with him, the car moving with a slow crawl.

"Want a ride?" I ask, flexing my hand on the steering wheel. It is delicate, even if he doesn't know yet that it's delicate. I can't be too.. not myself. If I'm too weird, he won't trust me. If I'm not weird enough, though, he also won't trust me.

Surprisingly, he's half expecting that and half not at all, so it's delaying his response a second. "I'm okay, ta." It is the first thing he should think of that fits. He bats his eyelashes and gives me a fake smile that I actually laugh a little. Really, I'm impressed. He's the right choice for me.

"..Still! Just get in the car. Let me give you a ride." I say, running my fingers through my blond curls and messing them. I think my brain is even more fucked up than I've previously thought. There is no way that I will let him get away with it.

"I'm getting better at walking," He says breezily. "Don't worry about me."

"Sunshine," I needle, clutching my fingers on the steering wheel and thinking about the right words to seduce him. "Come on. You can owe me if it makes you feel better." No lengthy explanations or wasted sentences. Enough for him to dream a lot about me and our future.

"I don't want to owe you," He adds, an annoying edge to his tone. It's pretty reasonable, but I don't want to get it.

"Come on," I force him again, still trying to bring him onto my track. "If you don't, I'll follow you till the end of the earth."

He huffs out an irritated sigh and does his best to act as if he doesn't give a fuck. He mutters something under his breath while having an unusual thing on his mind. His voice is soft, almost as if he's talking to himself.

If the magic of love wants to happen, I need to do something. Patience will not make a man accept my love, so I have to handle this in my style. I block his path, and he makes a noise like some birds I've heard early in the morning. Realistically, I know it's not a wise move because his parents are around, and his dad probably has guns. God, if he'd been a girl, I was sure his dad wouldn't let him within 100 yards of him. Or her, in that scenario.

I slide out of the car and stand face-to-face with him. Now the problem is resolving itself. We're the sounds of the street now! The way his mouth pops over amuses me so much that I chuckle. I haven't planned on falling in love with him, but now he's all I can think about. "I'm your Romeo, be my Juliet." I grab his hand and stare at the connection that I've made. This connection of love between us now may never break in our life.

He just seems so innocent. Kind of like a lost puppy, a really charming lost puppy. Droplets of sweat appear on his face in fear, and it resembles diamonds to me. "What do you want?" He asks, putting his free hand on mine and trying to loosen my grip.

I turn to give him a look and grin widely. "I ask for nothing but you." The return look he's given me is palpable and wants me to beg all of him. It may look complex from the outside, but it might be easier than I've thought for myself. My wrist flex against his hand as he tries to break my grip.

"Let me go!" He snaps, squirming again like a desperate last effort, but my grip on his wrist tightens to the edge of pain.

Suddenly, I feel something hovering under my shirt and tickling my sides. I jump and laugh weakly while letting go of him. It happens for a lengthy ten seconds before throwing me at the side of my car and letting me hold my stomach to stop whatever scrapes my skin. Groaning loudly, I pull my shirt up to find nothing but a couple of fireflies escaping quickly. Shaking my head in irritation, I turn to approach Seth again, but there's no evidence of his presence around me. Fuck!