Chapter 87: A Familiar Place

"Hey, hey," Amir called out after me, I only glanced in his direction as I saw him get up from the table, all of them looking over at me as I suddenly left. "Hey!" He struggled to get out after me. "What're you-"

But I turned back and walked fast, Atlas marched off, and down the slope he went with long strides that I struggled to keep up with. I pretty much ran after him as he disappeared away from the tables.

"Hey!" I shouted after him.

Atlas ignored me. What was his problem??

"Dickhead!" I shouted. "What's your problem!"

He seemed to slow down, for a moment I regretted saying that, because in all honesty it was much easier to insult someone to their back as they were moving away from you than someone who was stationary or worse, coming after you.

"Did you accidentally eat your eyes for lunch you asshole?!" I yelled after him, struggling to keep up still walking as he turned another corner.

Where even was he walking to, this wasn't near anything except the art block which we were trailing along the walls of. The one most underfunded part of the school that was copiously cleaned and not much else.

God what fucking bastard nearly nails someone with a football and then just walks off! Could have fucked up my head if he aimed higher!

I stopped, and as fast as I could I grabbed a hand full of the soil, got up and swung it at him as fast as I could, hard as I could.

I think I sort of hoped it would miss, but get him to stop walking. Instead it hit him directly between the shoulder blades and he stopped because of that instead, the soil exploding into every direction before he froze and slowly turned around.

Dark angry eyes then pinned me back. I backed up a step but realised that I wasn't as far away from him as it felt like when I was running after him. Suddenly I was only about four steps away and backing up didn't do much for me.

"What was that for?" I hissed, trying to mask the slight revival of fear with my anger. "You coulda killed me you asshole!"

His gaze was still deadly. "You just threw dirt at me."

I looked down at the patch of dirt I just dug my hand into, the ground looking slightly indented where I was standing, I took a step forward, over it. Face burning a little. "So what?" I puffed out my chest. "You just tried to kill me!"

He approached so fast I almost fell over backwards over my own heels and instead of being able to walk backwards I was going backwards uphill so I ended up walking backwards and sideways into the wall of the building and before I could walk around him his hand came down on the concrete slabs of the art block. Blocking me from leaving.

Somehow, despite me being on slightly higher ground, he still managed to be taller than me, the dickhead!

I moved around him the other direction and he stepped in front of me and crowded around me and somehow he managed to do that so fast, before I could stop to think, he was suddenly there in front of me, towering over me, looking really fucking pissed.

"It's just a football, don't be dramatic." He glared at me.

"It's just a bit of dirt!" I retorted, got down and my fingers just about grazed the soil, little grass growing here where the shadows were constantly overhanging, before I was picked up and slammed against the wall.

My back hit the wall and I cringed, arms flailing in front of me as he closed in on me. Shit. I looked up at him with wide eyes.

Why did he have to do that??  He knows what it...