Chapter 124: The Final Day

[A/N] Double update time !  \٩(  ̄ ε  ̄〃 )و //

I had to explain the shirt thing again to the teacher, and then again to another teacher who came into the room to deliver news about the trip, the roster and times. I was already sick of the speech.

The giggle from the back of the class was also unwelcome, the occasional person looking like they wanted to lean over and ask me for clarification, but sitting next to Jacob and in front of Atlas I had a feeling they got a little intimidated and ended up keeping to themselves and their lot.

However said group of girls approached as break approached us and the lesson was almost over. "That was so long!" A girl called Elia stretched, leaning on the table behind us to stretch.

"Why are allowed to wear earrings." One of Atlas's friends remarked as Elia passed us. And two of Atlas's troupe got up to bicker back and forth with her jokingly.

"Atlas?" One of them looked for him to follow.

Atlas ignored them.

I got up to leave just in time to watch Tabitha come up behind.

"Jacob," Tabitha leaned in over his shoulder. "Thanks for your help yesterday."

Both Atlas and I turned to look at him and then at her.

I glanced back at Atlas, he narrowed his eyes.

"In future, don't bring questions teachers can answer, to me." Jacob spoke, his voice an even distant tempo, cold and disinterested. It almost had an unintentional bite to it.

Tabitha hovered for a moment, then pulled back slightly, clearly embarrassed. "Yeah... It's just I really don't think a teacher could have explained it properly..."

"Motherfucker." Atlas snickered. "I thought you had another wife."

Jacob gave him the evil eye, turning just slightly to glare at him with an icy look and then turn back to collect his papers, the printout schedule and list of equipment sitting on his desk.

"Another wife?" Tabitha repeated slowly.

"I don't have a wife." Jacob spoke calmly, but still managed to maintain that horrendous disinterest in his voice.

"Oh..." She smiled slightly. "Okay." She grinned, turned back to laugh uneasily at Atlas, brushed his shoulder with her fingers, and walked out, a slow walk that was no doubt meant to give him something to look at. Or if it was unintentional just showed off a particularly nice ass.

Jacob remained cold.

I frowned at him. "I swear that's why people think you're all prudence and Church wafers."

He ignored me like he ignored the few students wandering around close to him, one of them mumbling goodbye and racing out, but as he got up and collected his things seemingly waited for me to follow.

Atlas got up, pausing to throw something at one of his friends who was cackling as he hit one of the tables trying to swing his bag to hit the rubber with while he walked out of the room, leaving us three behind.

He looked me up and down as I fully turned and got out from behind the chair and turned to Jacob. "Don't you have a spare? Looks like a dress."

Jacob nodded and left the room, the clear expectation that we would follow in toe, and we did.

"It's like XXL." I told Atlas.

Atlas raised an eyebrow. "Who asked?"

I rolled my eyes. "You look like you think I look tiny. I'm not, it's a big shirt."