Chapter 45: Ultimate Math Smackdown

[A/N] Probably best to nip this in the bud quickly. They aren't competing to 'date' Akara. Yes, Akara would have to involved in that discussion. This is more about pursuing him.

Also just as relevant, I've noticed this particularly in the last chapter that there are people who think this is not a polyamorous book. They're all intended to be together, with a focus on Akara but a relationship between each other as well.

If you're interested in boyxboy maybe try some of my other books... Her Brother, My Master is completed... >hint< >hint<  just saying.   ; )

[Akara's POV]

Mathematics class was the kind of class where I was actually interested, most of the textbooks I went through weren't great ad explaining every example of the problem and so it was kind of interesting to hear the teacher explain it for different problems.

I didn't do the work, of course, because I was a little shit and had my own reasons for burying my head in my arms pretending not to pay attention, but I was good with listening in.

The mathematics teacher Mr Harrison, who taught exclusively the top two sets, was a nice guy who, while clearly smarter than the vibe he gave off, was prone to making mistakes on the whiteboard with the only pen that didn't wipe off properly no matter how many students tried to help. He was pretty much nervous all the time and even reading out the examples made mistakes that constantly needed correcting.

Just listening in, though, I could hear how easily he explained the methods to use, what was going on exactly, how to solve it, and how precisely the problem could be used in real life.

So pretty much if I was into engineering this stuff would matter.

Why am I talking about this dude? Because in the middle of the lesson he had almost written all over the whiteboard in permanent marker and had pretty much thrown in the towel, telling Jacob to take over his position in the front of class while he went around and helped any students out that were stuck.

Ideally that made sense, but Jacob was supposed to be reading out questions for us to raise our hands to and answer and it wasn't really going as planned.

Guess what smart ass interrupted abut five times a minute with a smile.

"Atlas so help me god-" Jacob started, gritting his teeth when he saw Atlas's hand raised in the air again.

Atlas shrugged. "You told me to raise my hand first." He said, once more giving out the answer.

I could see the kids around him were impressed, the girl at the desk in front of him had nearly turned her seat all around, her long hair brushing his pencil case as he leaned partially on his desk, just to watch his big brain work and I rolled my eyes. Feeling irritated, though begrudgingly, a little impressed as well.

It's not like I thought he was an idiot because I knew he had to have some level of smarts to be in the top classes for almost all the subjects but... no, who was I kidding. I was convinced he was dumb as shit, his parents could have easily had something to do with that.

Somehow it was hard to believe that he could look that good, be that cocky, and still have a brain. It was almost annoying.

I tore my eyes away from him and back to Jacob who was still staring at him.