Chapter 2: Good Exercise

"Hello."

Atlas wasn't looking at me, he was looking at Amir, he turned to me and I saw his eyes. I swear I spaced out for a second. His eyes were a stunning, crystal clear blue. His hair was blond, shaved at the sides and messy at the top with long strands thrown over his face. His cheeks had a slight blush to them like he'd been playing football... or chasing people around I guess. And his figure was something else.

This boy had the best figure of anyone I knew and that included some of the friends I had who were older than me and already attending university. He well defined muscles according to the black T-shirt he was wearing and broad shoulders. Definitely taller than me. The closer he got the more I had to look up at him.

"Wait." I told him when I saw him look over at my friend with the intent to kill written all over his face.

He turned his sharp, evil eyes onto me.

"What do you want? You want to take his place?"

I rolled my eyes, trying to act tough. "I'm just trying to help you out here."

He glared at me. "And how are planning on trying to do that." He looked at his friends of which there were about three, another one was catching up with the group and he signalled towards Amir, the friends apparently getting the idea before I understood they all marched towards Amir and he yelped as he was dragged off of the bench.

A couple friends of ours stopped what they were doing and came over.

"Wait, I have your phone." I told him.

His eyes flashed to mine.

"Give it." He said through clenched teeth.

I frowned. "Let Amir go then."

He snickered, "Fat chance, that little twat stole my phone and he's not even the one giving it back. You can give it over and not get beaten up as well, I'm just being a real nice guy about this, I want to beat up as few people as possible you know?"

He sounded smug and I hated it.

"Well then I won't give it to you at all." I spat, getting irritated.

He laughed, his eyes wrinkling and these cute little dimples showing. How was it fair that such an arsehole could be so deathly handsome. He really was a sight to look at, I couldn't help thinking it even as I felt myself getting angry with him.

"You won't give it?" He laughed again as he took a big step towards me.

I took an instinctive step back. I felt threatened, naturally, and wasn't about to let him get close to me.

"You won't give it back?" He said, a wide smile still on his face. Wow, his teeth were nice, very wide and neat and... looked kind of sharp. I backed away.

"Fuck off, either let him go or I won't give it back."

He reached out to snatch it from me and I swung my hand backwards just in time.

"You know that's stealing?" His eyes scoped me out as he spoke slowly.

"Yes... Well, beating someone up isn't exactly legal either!"

He lunged forwards and managed to grab a part of my shirt but as I fell backwards it ripped out from his grasp. I felt my heart start beating hard and stumbled backwards, trying not to fall over as I backed away.

He moved forwards quickly, not second-guessing his actions for a second. That kind of confidence could be sexy and could be down right scary and I was leaning towards the latter in the moment.

"Wait." I told him.

He shook his head.

I could tell we were reaching the edge of the skatepark and if I backed away backwards much further I would fall over the step that took you into Hammity Park.

"Wait, wait," I tried again, I had my hands in the air like slow down.

"Give it or get a nose job together with your friend."

Fuck.

"Let me just talk," I said, exasperated.

"I don't like talking, you can do what I want or I can do what I want. Those are your options there buddy. Don't like them? Well, that sounds like a you problem." I was slowing down because I knew somewhere behind me was the edge and I couldn't turn around to check. I saw him raise his fist. "Or it will be." He promised.

Well, nothing to it, I took the gamble and turned on my heel and ran.

First few steps were trouble, trying to throw myself off the ground like that just doesn't work like I want it to. I felt a cold sweat break out on my back and arms, expecting that fist to smash into my skull any moment now.

It didn't matter after all though because I am a greyhound when it comes to running. Didn't know until I tried and I never really took part in sports days.

Still, it didn't really alleviate my fears much because apparently so was the titan charging behind me. Get it? Because Atlas was a titan... no? Whatever. You clearly don't read enough Percy Jackson and we wouldn't get along in real life.

I'd never run so fast in my life. It kind of felt great.

There was a breeze that I wouldn't have otherwise paid any attention to but combined with my running towards it I was aware of the wind rushing through my hair, my shirt plastered against my chest. I'd bought these trainers two years ago and never used them for running, their sad little shoe spirits were probably so darn happy right now.

As I ran through and eventually made it out of the park (to my relief because the park was hilly enough to wind you walking) I started to make at least audible progress. His footsteps seemed to be falling behind, I turned a corner and I could hear them pattering in the distance. Another corner and I knew he was beginning to have trouble spotting me.

I was running out of breath quick and my lungs were burning and my eyes were watering. I tried to throw a cursory look behind me and to my genuine shock I saw him only about four metres away, he was running on the cyclists path and it was made of asphalt, not concrete, so his footsteps were much quieter.

I couldn't focus on the road ahead and felt disorientated turning to look at the path ahead, he was closing in fast and when I felt fingers brush the nape of my neck I went flying. One foot snagged onto my other foot and I went through the air like a fairy and fell to the ground like an idiot.

I skidded along the floor, bits of gravel scraping across my skin and burning and my head smacked once against the floor once. The pain made it feel like my head was splitting open. I cried out and tried to recover but as I was kneeling there on the ground I looked up and saw him in front of me looking down on me, face red and eyes evil.

"W-Well..." I panted.

He was a bit out of breath too, he gave me a weird look and stared at me for a minute or so and then just stuck his hand out. "Just give me my fucking phone you idiot."

Nothing I could do. If I tried any more stunts I would really end up snapping my own neck trying to get away, it wasn't worth it. I reached into my back pocket to pull out the phone and my heart dropped.

One piece, two pieces, three pieces. Crap!

[A/N] If you'd be interested in early updates or just supporting me in general consider checking out my patreon (link attached). Big thank you to my current patrons you make me so happy.