Chapter 1

*Third Person Pov*

KINGDOM – A Monarchy ruled by a King or Queen. In better words it is known as a Country, State or a territory ruled by a King or Queen. The meaning is really simple but what happens in real is not told in this single sentence.

Population of people in a kingdom is meant to increase by the passing time. This makes some scarcity to appear regarding the Non-Renewable sources. The major one is the land.

So to not suffer from scarcity of this the rulers extend their kingdoms by taking up the land near theirs to combine it with their kingdom.

But what if some other kingdom too does the same thing to reduce their scarcity that too with an eye on the same land? That’s when the war broke out. The Kingdom which wins gets the land along with the Kingdom they had defeated.

Problems will be solved but it is not that simple. One war doesn’t decide the fate of that land. So the wars go on and on until one of the Kingdoms accepts its defeat or if one of the Kingdoms loses all the rulers it has.

In between all this, what are actually lost are the lives of many people. Most of the people don’t mind that because these wars become a way to show their pride for the kingdom they live and its rulers.

But someone having the sight on the future brings out some way by which all these wars can be stopped and also the lives can be saved.

It is not again that simple when someone converts these wars which are done for the land into something through which they can gain their selfish wishes.

Keeping that one aside it is also a truth that for most of the rulers nothing is more important than to keep their head held high infront of their people.

This is the only pride for those rulers and for this they can sacrifice anything. And that anything includes their children too.

We all heard a very common truth that when a person don’t gets what he/she wants or something don’t go the way they wanted, they all search a person to throw the blame on them.

In here the same thing happens and that person who has been searched by all these people is none other than Melody, Princess of the Velimar Kingdom.

*Melody Pov*

I arise from my light sleep feeling some warmth on my face. Opening my eyes I saw that the warmth is from the sunrays entering the chamber as the blinds are opened.

The girl who opened them turned around and immediately shrieked. She composed herself and bowed to me making me shake my head smiling.

“Amy! For how many more days will you welcome me everyday with that shriek of yours?” I asked rising from my bed.

“Forgive me Princess!” She said trembling.

“She is not angry at you dear. She just wants you to adopt everything around you and not feel new everyday.” Agnes said entering my chamber with a warm smile on her face.

She has been my caretaker ever since I have born like a mother as my own mother released her last breath when she took me into her hands for the first time. That’s what I have been hearing all these zero and twenty years of my life.

Agnes is getting weak and I can tell glancing at her tired face. She fears for my well being so she searched all over the maids and found Amy for me.

Amy is sweet girl who is still at the stage of adopting the ways which goes in the royal family. She cooks delicious sweets and I have a pleasure of eating them almost everyday.