Chapter 18

*Kendrick Pov*

"So you have finally returned?" I asked looking at Juan who returned today after one week.

"Yeah! I just went to visit my parents for one day but looking at my wounds they made me not leave the home." Juan replied.

"Were your wounds in worse state?" I asked forgetting to get him tended by Bess when we returned.

"They were in Velimar but Queen sent me some paste because of which they have cured very soon when I was in prison. But the marks were there which scared my parents." He replied with a shrug.

"She took care of you so much it seems." I said and continued to stroll around the Kingdom to keep an eye on everyone.

"Yes! She even sent me some delicious food by Amy. By the way how are things going here?" He asked glancing at me.

"She still didn't utter a word looking into my eyes and she wants to stay away from everyone as much as she can. I am letting her so that she will feel comfortable." I replied what is happening in this one week.

"Take her for a stroll in the garden." Juan suggested.

"I have been making her to take it with me everyday but she is still distant to me." I said remembering there is not a single change.

"I need to meet her and ask for forgiveness. Can I meet her today evening?" Juan asked and I nodded at him.

Before going towards her room I went near my Father to see how he is recovering. Even though he is out of unconsciousness, as the wound is deep he need some more time to recover fully.

"I need to meet her Kendrick." My Father said.

"By the time you recover she may feel normal here. Then you can meet her." I said and walked outside.

I knocked on her door and she got up from the chair. She walked near me and we both walked outside the palace along with Amy who always stays with her like a shadow but gives us our privacy.

"Good evening, Queen." Juan greeted her walking near us.

"Good evening, Juan. Are you well?" She asked him politely.

"Good evening, Amy." He said glancing at her.

"Where have you been the whole week?" Amy asked looking at him and he smiled.

"At my parents home and tended my wounds." He replied smiling.

"Why? Was one month not enough to meet them and also to tend your wounds?" Amy asked with no expression on her face.

"Amy!" Melody said shaking her head at her.

Juan ignored Amy and turned towards Melody saying "Please forgive me Queen. I know you got into trouble for my life and I was not there to protect you."

"That's right!" Amy said nodding her head.

"Amy!" Melody again shouted at her and then turned towards Juan smiling.

"Juan! I didn't do it for some return favor from you. I saved my friend and friends do not expect something in return." Melody calmly said.

"You are unbelievable Melody." Saying that Amy walked away towards Maid's Quarters.

I completely agree with her looking at Melody. She is unbelievable!

"Thank you so much Melody! There is a reason for me not able to be there soon along with Kendrick." Juan said.

"I know there must be because you are my friend and a friend does not abandon their friends. Amy is just hurt and she has her own reasons." Melody said in stiff voice in the end.

"I can't change her mind but it is in your hands to change it." She added and Juan nodded.

"I am tired! I want to retire." Saying that she walked away from us.

After she left Juan turned towards me and said "See what a great friend I have."

"Indeed! You are very lucky Juan." I uttered trying not to be jealous because I am not even a friend to her.

"I can hear it! You are her husband dimwit so you need not feel jealous." He said shaking his head.

"Sometimes we have to Juan." I mumbled glancing at her retreating figure.

*Melody Pov*

Amy didn't return after and I am sure she need little time to release her temper. I sat on my favorite chair and continued to knit or I am trying to knit remembering Agnes instructions.

Even though she thought me I never learned it properly thinking she will always be there with me and I can learn whenever I wish.

But she is no more and I am missing her too much. Tears welled up in my eyes before I could stop them.

I tried to stop them when I heard a knock on my door. I said "You may enter." After brushing away my tears.

"I hope I am not causing any disturbance." I heard my Mother-in-law saying.

"Oh no Queen Fay." I uttered getting up.

"I am not Queen Fay anymore. You can call me Fay or whatever you wish." She said smiling a little.

"Forgive me! I didn't thought before uttering." I said placing the knit away.

"Are you knitting?" She asked.

"Yeah! Trying to but something is going wrong." I replied.

"You are moving it in the wrong way." She mumbled and took it in her hands.

After showing me she gave it back and I thanked her. I just stood there not knowing what to do.

"I didn't know about you when you arrived here and I believed whatever my brother uttered." She said glancing at me.

"I know Que... Fay." I said nodding my head.

"You are taking care of yourself right?" she asked and I nodded at her.

She sighed and walked out of my room. I sighed too after she left the room.

"Forgive me Melody. I shouldn't have shouted at you." Amy said when she brought me my dinner.

"I can understand Amy." I said nodding my head.

"That's the problem Melody. You understand everyone." She mumbled to herself but I smiled looking at her.

After she left I locked my door and lay on my bed. Then I heard someone opening the other door. I got up to see Kendrick entering my room making my eyes go wide.

"I just wanted to know how you are faring." He said glancing at my expression.

"I am fine King Kendrick." I mumbled glancing at the wall beside him.

"You know you need not call me that right." He slowly uttered.

"Good night, King Kendrick." I said glancing at my feet.

I didn't glance up until I heard the closing of door. I closed my eyes and laid on my bed again to drift off into sleep.

--------------------------------

the chapters will be small and i need a advice...

I just got a advice that this story would be better in fantacy category.. What should i do?

How is the chap guys?

Comment plz and vote.........