Chapter 3

*Kendrick Pov*

“Are you really sure about what you are going to do Father?” I asked him glancing at the Velimar Kingdom council members along with King Albert who are glancing back at us with questioning looks.

“Are you doubting my ideas Kendrick? Don’t forget that I am still your king.” He barked but in light tone.

“Forgive me Father.” I said nodding my head.

He sighed and said “I am really worried right now. I don’t know whether they will accept my idea or they may even get anger by hearing that.”

“If we don’t return to our Kingdom safely your Mother will skin both of us alive.” He added.

“Don’t worry Father! Juan is going to bear it for both of us.” I said assuring him and heard Juan saying ‘What?’ but I ignored him.

“King Ronald and Prince Kendrick please have a seat and state your reasons to be here.” The council head asked gesturing towards the thrones behind us.

“Never in my wildest dreams did I dream about you standing here infront of me in my palace and especially not like this for sure.” Kind Albert said shaking his head.

“I can say the same thing.” Father said when we are taking our places on the thrones.

“Then why are you here King Ronald?” King Albert asked with his eye brows raised a little.

I started glancing at the council members who always thinks themselves as the people equal to the royals. Because of that reason many Kingdoms don’t have any council but after the death of Queen Hera this is formed by King Albert.

“Is Princess Melody already asked for?” Father asked surprising all of us.

“Not right now but will be soon.” King Albert replied after composing himself.

“Can her presence be requested here to hear my words along with you all?” Father asked again.

“Now don’t ask his highness that ‘Is it the place where we are going to kill the Princess?’.” Juan whispered leaning a little so that only I can hear.

When I glared at him he moved back to his standing position beside me. I shook my head and saw King Albert whispering some words which might be his thoughts with the council members.

“Let Princess know that she is requested here.” King Albert said to a soldier and he left the council chamber bowing.

“Did you get what I am trying to do?” Father asked glancing at me.

“Yes! This is not about how to kill the princess. This is about how to kill the Prince and the Princess together.” I replied shaking my head.

“You are missing one thing son.” He said smiling.

“What is it?” I asked him confused.

“That you both will become King and Queen ofcourse if my idea works.” He replied and I just sighed.

Will they accept???

*Melody Pov*

“Princess!” hearing this I turned my attention from the painting to Amy who is standing near the chamber door.

“What is it Amy?” I asked her smiling and removed the paint stains from the cloth I use for this purpose.